Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi there everybody. I have been working hard on my new site, which allows users to post apartments for free. We also have restaurant and bar listings, but most people come to my site for apartments.

We have been playing around with the color scheme alot. Some people have told me that the colors are too masculine, but we think that they are pretty neutral. Also, some people have been complaining about the search results page saying that there is too much information. What do you guys think?

Would love any feedback you have!

www.mojacity.com

Best,
    Herbert

Member #
    I like the overall layout but I think the colors are way too bold. It gives me a headache just to look at that yellow horizontal bar! I think the drop down menu (where it says 'Toronto Apartment Rental Blog') is a bit too plain when you mouseover. It's too wide as well and I'd consider shortening it. Also, I'd consider using some neat mouseover effect on your main nav links on the left instead of a simple underline. A lighter shade of yellow might be nice. I think your search results page is fine as is. Lastly, you have a ton of errors in your code. I hope I've been helpful!
    Christina Van Dyke

CRV Designs
    Apex, NC
    www.crv-designs.com

Member #
    i like the yellow side bits and the dropshadow on the content area, i just feel that its too cluttered in the middle, theres too much going on

Member #
    - "APARTMENT TORONTO APARTMENT RENTAL AND TORONTO NIGHT CLUB GUIDE" needs to be reworded if thats your tagline/slogan. Maybe not all caps too. Also I think it would be better off under the logo.

- In the search results I wouldn't put a <hr> under each apartments name, it visually separates it from the apartment info. It should all be together. Hope that makes sense.

- The color scheme, all the primary colors with yellow/grey/orange is too bright/busy. It's hard to keep tabs on what's what. I would stick to a few colors and try to add more consistancy across the sitewith the same color links, same color text, etc..

- Overall a very busy site. I would maybe sit down and analyze what needs to be emphasized 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and so on. Right now it seems as if everything is vying for attention on every page.

I like the background image, but just not the color. Good work so far, but it needs to be a bit cleaner.
    http://christopher-scott.org - Ramblings of an amateur web designer
    http://childfreechoice.com - An online community for the positively childfree

Member #
    I really love the logo/corporate identity you designed.
    While I think this is a better than average start - there are too many concepts that interfer with the site from having a clean layout. My personal pet peeve is having the large amounts of text written in CAPS, it doesn't seem to leave a nice impression on my end. Good luck!

Remove Ads