Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all

Got a site here to cast your thoughts on, please give honest reviews and opinions because both negative and positive feedback help a great deal

http://www.mikaonline.net/

Thanks in advance

Member #
    The Good
    XHTML and external CSS stylesheets.

The site seems to knows its purpose and informs the visitor. Navigation is consistent as is the look and feel.

Site looks good with styles off.

The Bad
    My first impression was that this site was a throw back to the '70s. Bright colors, in-your-face fonts, bubble font with glowing border, it all reminded me of disco. If that's what you're going for, you did a great job (and this should be in The Good section).

What's with the huge quotation marks? They seem very out of place. I think it's something to do with the buttons linking to song lyrics, but it's not intuitive. Lose the text-decoration:underline for the hover on those lyrics buttons. They should behave like the nav links at the top of the page. Remember, consistancy is key.

You need to spend some time creating a stylesheet for print. if I am going to your site for song lyrics, I'm probably going to want to print them out as well. Right now your site doesn't print well.

I don't see any copyright info for the many photos on your site. I kinda doubt that you took all of those pics yourself, yet there is no photographer noted for any of them.

On that same note, have you gotten permission to post those photos from the photographer or those lyrics from Mika? Some songwriters are VERY touchy about having their lyrics posted on the internet, and since it's copyrighted material they have every right to be touchy.

Member #
    some very good comments there, thanks for taking time out to post, i will deffinitely be taking them into consideration and making changes

and surprisingly enough the impression and feel to the site i was trying to give is exactly what you have described there lol

throw back to the '70s. Bright colors, in-your-face fonts, bubble font with glowing border, it all reminded me of disco
    once again, cheers for the comments

Remove Ads