Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I would appreciate for some valuable comments (both positive and negative aspect) after checking the site http://www.gulfesolutions.com
    Gulf E-Solutions

Member #
    I'm confident I won't be the first to say that you're using tables. And I would appreciate some rollovers on links... your page looks entirely static - nothing at all seems to happen unless you click something.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    It looks like a template that you bought, and then customized a little. It isn't really all that original. There also some spelling and grammar errors throughout.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Gulf-E-Solution, you specifically asked for positive and negative opinions. Don't then go around reporting posts that provide exactly that.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Administrator, you are right but do you think my site do not have any single positive point? This guy is only abusing, and how can he claim that I have bought this template. Does he have any proof to say that?
    As a site admin, I think you should also notice offending remarks with baseless information.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    There is nothing he said that violated the rules; I'm sorry you feel offended, but he stated his opinion, and that is specifically what you wanted. Instead, you could ask him why he believes it has a template-like look.

After looking at your site, I agree with him as well, although it's hard to explain. It simply looks quite common.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    If you didn't buy the template, then good on ya, it does look nice. I never said that you did buy a template, I said that it looks like you did. I am sorry that my post offended you so much that you sought out my post concerning my site, and bashed me there as well.
    A few things that you could improve about your site, is to use rollover effects for your links, and add a portfolio page, so that potential clients can see what you have done.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Chris stated that your layout looks like a template. This does not mean he is pointing you out as a template user - he is simply implying that your layout has the qualities of a template-made site(such as great graphics but not-so-great content - someone with the design abilities to create a great site should have at least sufficient ability to create quality content). Another reason for this might be because the design elements look awsome, but your logo looks standard.

Back to the show. In order to give your customers trust that you really exist and can help them, you need to give them something first - testimonials, portfolios, whatever. You might already have them, but I can't find them and if I can't most likely your customers can't either.

As for language - you're being rather unclear. Take the following:

How much does website design service cost?Gulf E-Solutions guarantee lowest and unbeatable website design rates.
    Obviously you would claim that, but any sensible customer knows that you can't possibly "guarantee" that (you would never know the exact prices of your competitors). A blank claim reduces trust.

However, every website requirements are different and costs may vary from one website to another.
    Another pointless sentence - this is obvious. If costs didn't vary, then you wouldn't need a quote. Pointless sentences alse reduce trust because they make clients feel like idiots.

That is why we offer you the most affordable solution well with in your budget range.
    Again a blank claim. We know you have no idea what "affordable" is for them and what their budget range is. And it's "within". Double-slap.

Simply submit your website requirements and we will send you a free quote and our proposal in detail.
    At this point, clients who are already fuzzy will be wondering if you really will send them a "detailed" proposal. Especially that they have no idea what kind of sites you make (or if you really do make sites at all).
    Forgive me for being critical, but that's what you wanted, right?
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Mr. Steax, first of all, the misunderstandings between me and Mr. Chris has already finished. What his sentence meant, only he knew, and he had already clarified it prior to you.
    Secondly, yes the matching of the website layout with the logo may not be great. This could be due to the fact that initially we were having a different logo, and this has changed now. So the logo may not fit well on the existing layout.
    Lastly about the guaranteed low prices, yes we know about the market prices around us and quotes lowest of all. Any sensible customer would gather few quotations and proposals before paying for developing their website. He would be attracted towards the 'low price' amongst other factors which we guarantee for being quoting lowest.
    I agree with you that the word 'affordable' could be meant different for different customers, but this is one of the marketing strategy. But still our prices are affordable for the really interested customers.
    To simply come on to the forum and criticise is simple and easy task, but to think from the 'actual interested customers' angle might not that be easy. As you had come with a mind which is full of criticism.

Member #
    Criticism is what I do, but after all, I'm not a professional yet, so if you want to ignore me, feel free to do so. I just think that criticism is the best tool to develop anything - they're sharp, to the point, and give you the motivation. That's what I want to do - help people develop themselves.

Firstly, you probably know that it's common practice for me to give my point of view about the recent discomfort with Chris.

Secondly, not only your logo shows this. Other various elements... I see some not-so-perfect JPG compression, and some text-images that could be replaced with normal text or another font. I just think that your main problem is like you're stitching together a masterpiece and a pile of content.

About prices - I'm in high school, so I guess I'm an idiot on that. But I do give insight to people searching for web design companies, and I know what they want, what they trust, and what they dislike.

Main point if you want really constructive criticism: Get yourself a portfolio or anything that shows that you really do great work.

A few more points - people nowadays are quite aware of web standards, and most customers at least know some web designer (a friend or relative). Your site might not impress them on some points... novice designers will notice your lack of rollovers and wiser designers will notice your use of tables for layout (and it's fixed to 1024 width).

Please do respect those who give you insight on your work. It took me time to write this out, so if you wish to stop receiving my point of view, then I will do so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads