Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I have been doing web design as kind of a part time hobby.. Since I've been working on this site though for my store i've become totally hooked. The knowledge and design concepts and code that is available is amazing.. I did actually use a few scripts from dynamicdrive.com as well to help a long with what i was trying to accomplish.
    The link represents a basic outline of where i want to go, i'd like to keep plugging away but notice that when i look at this current code in firefox things look weird, one image gets thrown far right, the other text runs off the page.. I feel kinda stuck, i tried to use frames to control the focus of the content and make it feel like u never left one part of the site just because u wanted to browse something else.. However i feel like i've hit the perverbial " wall " and would like to get some feedback / help on where to go from here.
    Thanks!

- Ian

Member #
    I can't give a full review right now, but the first thing that I noticed was the annoying scrolling box. Let me just say that it's redundant because the whole window can scroll and look normal doing it. So let the window scroll and not a box.

Member #
    Yea the scrolling box is rather annoying, but the bevel effect on the header text is as well. I don't like the font used for the Gallery headings (the beveled text), or the font used for where it says Kids Corner.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    update

Thanks for the feedback.
    I think perhaps going away from frames would stop the scrolling issue?
    As for the text, if someone would like to make a couple header samples i have some budget money to pay for graphic consultation. The " leave the rest to us " theme is really a key component in our store.. We've been in business for 30 years and i want it seem obvious as to why we have.

- Ian

PS:

http://www.burlingtonbedrooms.com

check out the site as it sits without the frames....

Member #
    I like better it centered with a green background. Yea, frames are the likely culprit (I say likely, because I haven't looked at the code).
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Remove Ads