Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

i just viewed it on a laptop 15 inch and a few things were off and some graphics had a highlight to them..
    by the way thx to this forum .. they helped me accomplish my frist site, i recently lost my web developer and had to learn quick... so let me know how I am doing learning html/css, this is all in a 3 week period.. so cut me the extra slack

thanks

Member #
    design wise i think its ok, not great, but ok particularly considering you're new to CSS, from an SEO point of view its pretty good too, i think there are a few things you could brush up on though:
    1) the menu down the side is over the top, its just not needed and interupts the simplistic design of the site
    2) using arial in 16pt is too big, use 12pt - see this for an example
    3) the layout seems to change across the site - particularly the clients page which doesnt work properly in FF (i think)
    4) i think that the potential is there, its just lacking a bit of structure, maybe making a few minor changes in the direction of something along the lines of this

please dont take these to be having a dig at you, but they were just the things that stuck out at me when i visited your site, good luck with it,
    Solid

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    i appreciate the critique man, what would you suggest design wise? i wanted a fun feel .. but still a bit intelligent.
    so should i keep my layout consitent thru my whole site?

Member #
    1.Keep the font size as it is just give some line hieght. According to the Web 2.0 standards the font size is ok.

2. Top Part has too much negative space due to which the site design looks imbalanced. try shifting the navigation little bit on the top so that it aligns with the logo to the center.

3.Try making the left panel in the internal pages as right panel in about us.

4.Rollover on the email and on our work is very old style try changing only the color of the text rather than changing the whole banner.

I hope this helps...

Cheers,

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    yeah i do .. the top negative space .. i have material just not yet inserted,
    when you say the line height .. just the nav bar anchors up a little highe? i do like the drop menu to roll over my page some..
    I think changing my side bar to the right side would be good, on the about us page.. do you think the gradients under "company news" is a little over done?
    and the rollover banners.. yeah i got carried away.. so use to doing flash .. need to relax a little on the rollover effects .. thanks .. keep them coming\
    also - only - could you take a look at my portfolio on the graphic design page and web development page to assure me the javascript looks correct? .. i used the insert SWFObject way but wasn't sure what the additional link was suppoes to lead to.. if i was supposet o lead to adobe d/l plug in or have a portfolio that wasn't flash

thanks

Member #
    According to the Web 2.0 standards the font size is ok
    what the hell are you talking about?! web 2.0 standards... that sounds like a bit of a mix up to me.

sheri, make your own thread if you want a critique
    oh and onlycreative, did you get inspiration for your website from dailyslurp? maybe http://skate.aesthetic-design.co.uk ?
    i'm flatterered if you did, if you didnt then great minds think alike!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    bump ..

for regarding my previous post ..

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by solidgold
    what the hell are you talking about?! web 2.0 standards... that sounds like a bit of a mix up to me.

sheri, make your own thread if you want a critique
    oh and onlycreative, did you get inspiration for your website from dailyslurp? maybe http://skate.aesthetic-design.co.uk ?
    i'm flatterered if you did, if you didnt then great minds think alike!!
    sorry new to the forum!

Member #
    I haven't seen that site before...and that 'skate link' is of not working...

Member #
    erm, how did you make the top navigation? It looks weird in large font sizes... is there an image for the pipe separators?
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads