Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

We have just launched this site, www.jabbits.com, and would greatly appreciated any and all feedback. This is a family friendly, video based Q and A site. It contains only user generated content. If you have a web cam you can record video or you can upload your video from any video source. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Wow! This is SOOO COOL! I would TOTALLY do this!!!!

I like the design too - the colors and the style.

I do have a few comments on usability issues though...

I didn't realize that you had categories until a while after I had been browsing the site and saw it in the navbar. I think you should include maybe a tout on the homepage like "Popular Categories" or something, just to get people into the categories so they realize they're there.

Also, when you're on a certain question, the only way to see what category it's in is to click on question details. I think the category is an important thing - and I think it would be best to incorporate it with a breadcrumb trail at the top of the page. In addition, once you do click on question details and the category is there, it's not clickable - you should be able to click on the category to view stuff under that category.

Also, after viewing someone's answer, there should be a quick link to replay the question. It seems like currently you have to click on the question again on the right, or click on the question details (then the list on the right goes away, which may not be ideal).

Oh another kind of major thing is that I don't see a way to look up a user. I found certain users that I really liked, and I wanted to see which questions they asked/answered, but there was no way to do that. You could only see the user after going into question details (which actually, I think you should see it right when you're viewing the question, it's not a lot of text, only a username) and it should be clickable to view that person's details and see questions posted by that user and answers posted by that user.

I do think it's an awesome website though, and a really great idea! I also like the fact that you can do private questions!
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Oh another thing - I don't know how the videos are ordered, but I posted a video and it was just shuffled between some others. I think you should put them in order by date/time, w/ the most recent ones first.
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    This website is at a higher level of web design then youtube.com. we would you ask people from forums like these. I think it is a innovative, well formated, and overall, fun website.

I think you should had a big fat FAQ button because I find first couple of seconds was overwhelming to me. Someone said that this could be put on a blog, which I think is a great feature, but I dont how to do it, and I just want a quick instant answer.

Overall, I think this is going to be at the level of the big website such as youtube, video google, myspace, etc. You just need you users to show off this website to their friends.

Good luck with your website

Member #
    Thank you for the feedback thus far. To reply to a few comments so far:
    -Right now we use Categories as a way for user to quickly find what they are interested in. It is also easy to search our site by tags.
    -We haven't thought of a button to replay the question again(the text version of the question stays at the top of the montage) or to have the username by the video that is playing but both of those are great ideas that we will definitely give some thought to.
    -The questions are ordered as they come in. Answers in the montages change all the time.
    -We have talked about having a button for "more by this user" and we will probably give that much more consideration when we start to gain more traction/traffic.
    -The FAQs are in the works. Any good suggestions about what to include after trying the site out? After a great deal of testing some things become routine and we lose site of what first time users may have problems with.
    -To embed a video montage in a blog, MySpace account, or any other website you can click on 'Question Details' and you can get the embed code via a link on the bottom right. That it came up makes me think we need to make this more readily accessible and obvious.
    Thanks again for all of the feedback and if you have more please keep it coming.

Member #
    Nice! I like it

Remove Ads