Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.7 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.3 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.7 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.7 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.3 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

what do use think of our new site? http://www.fresh-web-design.com it has valid xhtml and css

Member #
    Overall, I like it, however I noticed a few things.
    1. The text in your navigation moves a little bit on hover. If you this is intentional, I suggest making sure all of the tabs move in the same direction.

2. I think you misspelled copyright in the footer.

3. This is just my preference, so you can ignore this. I noticed your pages are stored in the /pages/ directory, why not move them to the root public_html/ folder. Also, your about page is called "Who Are We" but then in the footer, the link text is "About Us". I try to stay consistent in how I refer to pages in the navigation.

4. The blue decoration going down the side ends abruptly at the bottom corners.

If you fix these few minor problems, I'd say you've got a great site. The design is unique and eye-catching.

Member #
    the pages reside in the /pages folder because i use website baker as a cms, For some reason i cant get the background the wrap around the bottom of the site which makes it look like it ends abruptly, how ever if you look at the who we are background it carries the full length because theres more text on that page.

But im glad you liked it overall thou

Member #
    I managed to sort the background out, well actually to tell the truth i uploaded the wrong one.

Also changed the copyright and changed the about us link at the bottom. Just the hover to sort now.

Thanks for the reviews, it's great having somebody tell the truth about a design, if i ask my wife she just says it's good, she wouldnt tell me if anything where wrong. but thats love.

Member #
    I have now fixed the hover tabs out on the top

Member #
    I think the design is wrong for your company name. Ignoring the company name i quite like the design, its professional and looks good on my screen.

However it doesn't really go with the word fresh. I don't know if anyone else picked this up. When i saw your URL i expected bright colours and a light design.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Perad
    I think the design is wrong for your company name. Ignoring the company name i quite like the design, its professional and looks good on my screen.

However it doesn't really go with the word fresh. I don't know if anyone else picked this up. When i saw your URL i expected bright colours and a light design.
    I was working on a lighter version, but then changed my mind last second

Member #
    I also think you should emphasize on "fresh" instead of "web".

One more important thing - there are at least two other companies with the name "fresh web design" (or at least using those URLs). I'm not sure this is a good idea, seriously.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    I know about the other companies, i'v had mine for 3 year now

Member #
    Problem is, your URL uses dashes. A good deal of people who've seen your site once and want to see it again will just type in "freshwebdesign" in google or just put that in the address bar. In such case your competitors will get visited.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads