Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CNC Web Design

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I have just re-designed my site this last week and i am quite happy with the layout style, although there is pretty much no content on it i have added a small php blog script that my good friend wrote and i adapted some of it for my own use.
    There are some cell issues under netscape for mac, maybe pc also, which i hope to sort out soon. I like the colours, and i think that they go well for a web-designing company, Please your opinions, yes it is unfinished, as soon as i put some of our/my own work on there it will be nice.

Thanks.

Oh, the URl is: http://www.unleashed.co.nz/

---EDITED----
    Changed to correct url

Member #
    i like the desing/colors. looks like you could have a really nice site on your hands if you got some good content goin. maybe get rid of the navigation part on the left and only have one in th eupper right...?
    http://www.huanderson.com
    http://www.huanderson.com/portfolio/

Member #
    I like the design too, the nav at the top looks cool, I am eager to see the rest of it. I agree that a nav on the left side is redundant and probably unnecessary.

Also, a using a blog for a portfolio is somewhat unprofessional if you are trying to showcase your services IMO. The blog feature you have would be good for listing site updates and company news, etc., but listing the technical details of your website seems like it would only be appropriate if this was a personal site. If it is, then cool, and I can also understand you just trying to fill that space for now. Just givin' you my 2 cents

Member #
    yeah, was just testing that out, i wanted to put a company or non personal blog on there, sure. i dont want to do a personal blog on my company site. Thanks for that. i will try the single nav along the top.

Thanks for your comments ? anyone else ?

Member #
    The colours and drop shadow are very nice.

I agree pretty much with everything else thats been said here too. What kind of content are you planning? Just mostly past work, experiance ect ect?

LOL at CNC though, I actually meant for you to write C&C for Commjents and critique
    Nothing to see here

Member #
    what ! hahaha, okay, okay.
    i have tried something else now.
    just developing it now.

http://www.unleashed.co.nz/

---EDITED----
    Changed to correct url

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'm not a big fan of yellow in general but I like this. It's soft and not overly offensive to the eyes like most yellow things are. I'm not sure if you're going to get most of your navigation items in there, though. It's going to be a bugger to get them all to fit, depending on how many you have.

What's up with the green stripe on the right side? It doesn't really fit with the rest of the site. I thought it might be a "where's Kermit the Frog? Rumour has it that Miss Piggy went nuts and whacked him with a rolling pin Mafia-style", but somehow I don't think that's the point of it.

Overall though, a nice layout.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    whoops, sorry, that green line was kermits bad attempt at hiding behind my tables, i didn't want him there ! that problem has been fixed now, thanks for your comments tho.

http://www.webdesignforums.net/thread6514.html

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I like the icons

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    credits:
    - looks like a lovely version of the sahara desert.
    - really are some nice icons there
    - the colors all work well together
    - news idea looks nice
    - good use of shapes

critique:
    - the design seems too spaced out and empty
    - one nav link in the navigation
    - should have a contact form and not a link to your email which has caused spam problems before for other sites
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads