Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

what do you think to new portfolio will get content up in the next few days.

site moved to http://philbaucutt.co.uk

all commments welcome good or bad
    Regards Phil,

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I'm gonna quote what I had put last time you showed us your portfolio since it doesn't look like you read it.

Quote Originally Posted by karinne
    Looking at your site, then looking at the ones I linked up there, clearly you can see that your site is just not up to standards.

I can hardly see the word in the top left and what's with those links?! And the text ... I don't care if you don't have comment, at least show us something of how the content will be displayed?! Surely you'll have some portfolio images on that home page?! So ... just put an empty box ... something!
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Rather boring. I can't read the word in the corner, and that much text with no breaks, or images is overwhelming. I would also prefer if the links got underlined rather than bolded, as it shifts them all.

If you are using the Digital Vision subdomain for your site, why not use that name?
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    It needs to be a lot more jubilant. There just doesn't seem to be anything holding the page together. Be more expressive! (and if you want an idea of "expressive", take a look at my home page. Not advertising, just, err, people have told me its over-expressive).
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    You can't have blocks of text that big. You would be far better designing it in photoshop then showing us what you have as an exported jpeg.

Member #
    thanks for all of the comments, karinne ill try to do the follwing will add a couple of boxes showing portfolio.

Chris will underline or possibly add a background block of color.

Steax Yea I thought about it at school today and though it needed to be a bit brighter and distinct.

And finally perad what do you mean blocks of text that big...do you mean font size. As for designing in photoshop I design in fireworks I've never got on very well with photoshop.

Im open to color suggestions as Im still trying to decide

Lastest Changes
    http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...-newcolors.jpg
    Regards Phil,

Member #
    perad means that there is way too much text there. It isn't broken up and doesn't look all that good. The colors look washed out to me, but if you like them, then its up to you. Oh and the live version scrolls to the side on a 1024*768 monitor.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Tip: When possible with web gradients , don't ever change hues sharply (a slight nudge is fine, but not from red to green), just change the brightness.Almost all gradients that look clean follow this rule.

I'm not so sure, that design looks like something from 1995...
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    I see your point steax not sure which of Ive chnaged it to alll pink/purple I think the color is brighter and more welcoming.

Chris fixed the 1024*768 viewing problems.

and another point steax sites from 1995 looked way better more something like here my very first site from around 4 years ago.(im not advertising just proving a point.)
    Regards Phil,

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Steax
    I'm not so sure, that design looks like something from 1995...
    exactly

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads