Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I've started designing and coding my portfolio, and I'd love to hear your guys comments on it. But, I'm doing it on a nice, widescreen monitor, so I fear I may be making it too large. It's still in a very rough state, so the code is unoptimized, and the images are sometimes quite large. Also, it only works in Firefox for now, and maybe Opera with a few glitches; however, that will eventually change. I haven't yet started on the contact page, so that's not up yet. I'm hoping to have it up by May 1st.

So, anyway, I'd love your opinions and advice, good or bad.

Member #
    Pretty nice. The main problem I see is that the menu is small and in an unusual place. Also, the page seems generally disjointed for some reason (most likely because things don't seem to be connected in any way, via some container or something).

The prime usability problem I see is that when I first saw the site, I couldn't find anything to do - literally. After a user looks at your welcome bubble, then your featured site bubble, I'm sure a lot of people won't be interested in a small, seemingly meaningless group of text in the corner. Also, your bubbles are pointing at the robots, who by themselves seem to convey little meaning.

But nice work!
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    i like how you have used the grid background, but i fyou are doing that i would presume having stuff fitting into the grid would look better?

any th part about 'looks best on a widescreen' get rid of that and try taylor for ppl who don't have one.

ps some of the links didn't work? contacts and some portfolio links

Member #
    love the color scheme. It is non traditional, but it works. The menue not being on the traditional spot makes it a little difficult to navigate, and I would work on getting the text to wrap so it is not so wide. Alternatively, if you have a large screen, the menue on the top right is really far out there. I mgiht try using absolute positioning.

Remove Ads