Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I really can't decide on what my portfolio should look like, so I've pretty much been spewing out concepts left and right, and I was wondering what y'all thought of this one. I'm not sure about the pink, and, chances are, this won't be the final design. Anyway, critique the hell out of it.

Also, any thoughts on what you think a portfolio should include, or look like, would be invaluable.

Thanks,
    Matt

Member #
    My only problem is, again, a disjointed page. I don't know where I should look, and even after reading what's on the main page, I don't know where else to look (if there is one).

An important concept on the web at the moment is the integration of a page. That's why a lot of sites are center-aligned and have clear left and right borders - everything feels "together" in one container. My eyes sort of panic at your page. There seems to be a logo at top left, then at top right some more text (of which I don't know the importance of), then the selected work area at the lower right, then the contact form at the lower left.

How would you achieve the rotated text with HTML/CSS?
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Well, after taking a break, and coming back to look at the design, I've realized it sucks. I also realized that I have a bad habit of, like Steax said, completely ignoring page flow and the practical aspects of a design. So, I've attempted another direction entirely:

http://campiondesign.com/beta/attempt2.jpg

Now, I realize that, at this point, it's quite a boring page. But, I plan on livening it up a little with some funny pen illustrations hear and there. Also, it's a very rough mock-up, and what I'm mainly looking for here is a critique of the layout. Critique the rest of it if you want, as I'll undoubted use that advice as well. (If you've any ideas on how I could add color to the design, I'd love to hear them)

Member #
    Layout's alright, a bit drab, but not the worst I have seen.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    i like it, simple and quite well laid out, good use of white space. could do with a bit more color and jazz

Remove Ads