Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://www.rantous.com

Rantous is a site for you to rant about anything that pisses you off. See if others share your opinions or disagree with them. There are some really fun rants and some really weird ones to check out. If there is something that bothers you, rantous about it! Fight, yell, scream, laugh, and rant!

Thanks in advance for the critique!

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Hmmm ... it's a tad boring compared to YouRant.ca

There's nothing here design-wise that's gonna keep me looking. You need more color, more WOW web2.0 factor.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    I agree, more web 2.0. One thing that really bugs me is how your subtitle says "Listening to you bitch since 2007"... Well it's 2007 currently. I don't think people will take your site as serious if you blatantly state in the title that your site has just been created.

Member #
    I agree, I think I will change the slogan to "Where even idiots have an opinion"

As far as how the layout looks, we are going for content not style. Look at youtube or digg, their layouts are not "fancy".

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by optl
    As far as how the layout looks, we are going for content not style. Look at youtube or digg, their layouts are not "fancy".
    I'd say it's best to have an attractive design AND good content... Some people may not even be there long enough to REALIZE it's good content if the design doesn't keep them there.
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I agree on design. The thing with YouTube and Digg is that they have a good design anyway: you don't need to go overboard with graphics to have a good design, quite the opposite really.

The look needs to be consistent: you have a mixture of rounded and sharp corners, and while it's not distracting, it was the first thing that caught my eye. There are things like the boxes on the right hand side of the page: they have a background image but the larger white background colour makes it look bad. Either move the rounded corner right to the edge of the box, or remove the background colour I think.

I won't go into any more detail because it'll look like I'm nitpicking. Yourant.ca looks a bit overboard for something I'd like to use often, but your site reminds me too much of an old tutorial toplist site, if you know what I mean.

Oh, on a positive note, everything's easy to read and see. Content and accessibility is good.

Member #
    I feel like Yourant.ca is just too "much" for me and I need a break after looking at for 5 minutes. As far as my design, you are right there are problems. It is not done however.

Member #
    Design has been updated. Comments?

Member #
    Much better.

One thing about it just bugged me, not a big thing. When you have the description part like this..
    ----------------------
    Submitted By: Rants Pepper of RSS Feed Pepper on May 23, 2007 10:25 PM with Add a comment to this Technology, Apple rant2 Comment(s)
    Topic: Technology > Apple
    I'm sick of all these companies coming out with their own "iPhone Killer".
    ----------------------
    You have the same styled text for each subheading such as topic.. submitted by... description..
    I would say at least put it in different colors and maybe the subheading you want the visitor to see the most in bold or something like that. Well that's about all i have to say.

Member #
    I agree. We are still trying to decide how to arrange the rant page. Any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads