Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi there, just looking for some feedback on my design for a small clothing company I run with some friends, producing shirts emblazoned with the slogan; "Cook My Mongoose". The site is obviously not complete, and we will eventually get a domain and premium webhosting, but any and all feedback to do with the current layout, and coding, (I've only taught myself css over the last few days), would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers, -Will.
    EDIT: the more or less completely version is now up at
    www4.webng.com/cookmymongoose/FINAL/home.html

Member #
    It's not too bad...but I couldn't look too much into it because that background gave me a headache.

If you're gonna use a graphic like that, use some opacity I reckon. Too much for my eyes to handle.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by silver10
    It's not too bad...but I couldn't look too much into it because that background gave me a headache.
    If you're gonna use a graphic like that, use some opacity I reckon. Too much for my eyes to handle.
    Cheers, will consider this. I kind of like it in the way it is pretty over the top and flambouyant, but if it is too much so then I guess diluting it isnt a bad idea.

Member #
    It might be a great print design, but it doesn't really work that well on the web. The background is far too bold, it reduces attention you want aimed at the center. Also, are you going to move your hosting elsewhere?
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Ok so here it is, the more or less completed version of the layout for the website, which, unless there are any major criticisms, will pretty much be used on the final site.

www4.webng.com/cookmymongoose/FINAL/home.html

Cheers

ps, steax, deffinately will move the site onto a new host when i get the domain.

Member #
    Has a definite 'Indie' feel to it, if that makes any sense. Cool concept, not sure about the lack of content though. But good nonetheless.
    http://christopher-scott.org - Ramblings of an amateur web designer
    http://childfreechoice.com - An online community for the positively childfree

Remove Ads