Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello,
    I'd appreciate if you can check our new website and let us know what you think. I personally think it's hard to navigate, and almost impossible to browse thru whole site - you get lost, although it's not really a big (content wise) site. I am just having hard time presenting my opinion to my boss. Please help!

Member #
    wow thats cluttered!
    and takes a hell of a long time to load! why does the log-in form move around the screen from page to page too?! maybe some kind of consistancy would be good

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    I use to be against tables, but I lighten up a bit due to poor standards, and different rendering cross browser. But your website uses alot of unnecessary tables. try to clean up the code.

The reason why some people might get lost is because there isn't much consistency through out the whole website.

One more thing. The area with a bunch of logos, 'powered by', etc. Try the make all the pictures the same size, and not too big.

Member #
    This site has some good things going for it, but to be honest, it needs a lot of work.

First, is the clutter. You have way too much going on (I agree with solidgold).
    On the homepage you really just have too much. Plus, from a design standpoint there is no consistency.
    All of your "buttons" listed under services are different sizes and different designs. You really should look at making something with a more consistent look.
    Agree also with kayo on the size of the buttons on the bottom. They really should be very small and along the bottom (either just below or just above your bottom nav bar).

The other thing is that you really lack a good content quality. There is really nothing on your homepage that talks about your company or why I should use you.
    You have a "set it and forget it" play of words of another company, but it doesn't really give a customer a reason to use you. It doesn't build trust in your company with a potential client.
    Nobody will use you based on just going to your website. You have no about us page talking about how long you've been in business, your customer philosophy, your committments or guarantees, or anything about the company in general (which is why you should at least have it on your home page even if it is a brief quick blurb).

The site is so cluttered with buttons, other people's products and services, "partner offers", google ads and such that it just doesn't look like a professional business site.
    Being around for the past 12 years, I'm sure you have a good customer base........but your site will do nothing to attract new ones.

Good luck.....
    GMan

Member #
    Thank you all so much for valuable pointers. We will definitely now work even harder towards transparency and fluency of the site after such a constructive criticism! I appreciate it,
    Urska
    www.CommercialNetworkServices.com

Member #
    Seems like the others hit all the point about it being cluttered, so i won't repeat that.

What really needs work is the color scheme. It might be useful to make a black and white (greytoned) screenshot of your site, say in photoshop, decide upon a unified color scheme, maybe 2-3 coordinating colors, and then go from there. You'll be surprised what a really good color scheme can do to de-clutter a site.

Also, look at your font sizes, and spacing. Whitespace is a great decluttering tool as well. (thats sounds dumb...oh well)
    http://christopher-scott.org - Ramblings of an amateur web designer
    http://childfreechoice.com - An online community for the positively childfree

Remove Ads