Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This will be my new homepage. It provides information about my freelancing services as well as information about previous sites I have built.

Much of the content needs to be checked for spelling and grammar. Any such mistakes will be fixed before it goes on line. Also I am aware the link to the blog doesn't work.

I would especially like input on the following questions.

1) Is anything missing that you would expect to find on such a site.
    2) Do you notice any design tweaks that need to be made.
    3) A concern of mine is a fact that the site is a little wordy. Is it excessively so or is it alright?
    4) What do you think of the overall appearance of the site?
    5) Any suggestions for the footer? I am half inclined to leave it as it is but it seems to end a bit abruptly without a gradient.

Member #
    I quite like it.

The only things...the portfolio page feels a bit cluttered to me. Maybe you could change the link CSS. I'm not sure about it sitting on a white background.

As for the footer...it feels unfinished. I think you could either round the corners of or put in a bar with a dropshadow...something just to add that last touch.

Member #
    the navigation seems to be rushed and uninspired. i am not really a fan of the design where the links looks like it is highlighted. I would rather go with underline when hover thing but it's just one guy's opinion.

Member #
    The site is ok enough. I do not think it would inspire me to say "I want this person to design my site".
    You want a customer to look at your site and say "I want my site to look as good as that". Your site doesn't do that, but it still looks ok.

There are some other things that you need to improve. One thing that a lot of new designers make a mistake with is putting their own site in their portfolio.
    I always recommend you at least put some mock up work you've done in there, rather than your own site (referring to your old one).
    Everyone will already figure out that you built your own site, you don't need to put it in your portfolio.
    If you don't have a lot of clients that is ok. You should put some mock up designs or some sample designs that you make up into the portfolio. Have something in there to show your work/versatility/ability, etc.

On your home page you have a "What's Included" but you don't really say what you are including it for. I figure it is all website designs, but it should say that.

Your services page really doesn't list your services. Plus, to find out anymore info you have to click an internal link.
    You really should list out all of your services.

Lastly, there is really nothing about you. You don't really show how you stand out, what you really have to offer a client, your customer commitment, customer guarantees or anything like that.........which goes back to the design.
    Most customers will look at the site and move on. Give them a reason to stay and want to use you.

Good luck........
    GMan

Remove Ads