Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello! So I developed an online resume for myself, something to send to prospective employers. I am just looking for some people to critique it. When you navigate to my resume enter WDF into the keycode box.

Thanks in advance!

I realize that it doesnt validate xhtml but thats because of the flash :ermm:
    Ideas?

I had the wrong url lol!
    http://irenders.com/donor/shadow/resume/index.html

Member #
    The background image takes a while for me to load, and during that time, your text is black on black... Try tiling images instead for the body background!
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    on mine the only font i see is times new roman for your main content section, i dont know if this is on purpose or what, but it looks bad like that.
    also i had to scroll down loads to find any of your content, i know the links go to it, but i like to see some text when a page loads, rather than just a list on links.
    its a bit dark too, seemed a bit gloomy.

Member #
    You're wasting a lot of prime screen estate - the first screen you see when you arrive. You shouldn't leave so much empty space!
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I don't get the point of the navigation.... everything is on one page. And the "welcome message" should probably be inputted via a querystring rather than an input box and presented to them within the contents of the page rather than as a popup. I get what you're trying to do, but it's not working for me (functionally OR figuratively).

Member #
    - Way too much space wasted at the top.
    - 90's feel about the background and header
    - Times New Roman font
    - Pointless Navigation
    - "Enter Message Code" makes absolutely no sense to me

Sorry there are no real positives that leap out for me here. I advise you to remove your address and (home?) phone number.

Business addresses are fine, however if that is where you live you should probably remove it and just have your town and state. The web is full of weirdo's and pointing a big arrow at your house saying "I live here" is just a bad idea.

As for phone numbers. If its your home phone number then you will soon regret putting it online. By all means put mobile numbers online, at least then if someone wants to harrass you its just a case of changing your sim card. Its not easy with home phones.

Finally, add a proper contact form.. that way if people are interested in you then you can send them your full contact details.

Remove Ads