Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

ok google now work

Member #
    Disclaimer: By your post here, I am assuming you are a professional designer and open to full-scale criticism. This means I will be actively looking for weaknesses.

Visual-wise, I think it looks a bit too old... the dark, beveled shape stuff has gone out of trend for a while. Your logo is a bit hard to read and can be difficult to remember (the "web design" part is a lot easier to see). I think you need to basically lighten up (not color wise, but its personality) your design. IMO, your main problem is lack of contrast.

Functional-wise, your site works. However, your navigation is far down, difficult to find immediately. You are wasting a lot of usable space to the left of your logo. Despite providing a large portfolio slideshow, there are other things you might want to deliver to your viewers on entrance. Controls for the slideshow would be helpful too.

Code-wise, your site needs de-table-ifying. Your code is quite readable, though. Just remove the tables (which I think should be straightforward), try compacting the JS (or use a library instead), and clean up the code. I think you should be able to reduce size quite significantly. However, your images are the main cause for size - your page is over 400kb...

Content-wise, I think you need some more content. Some potential clients will want to know more technical aspects. Example:

We are a dynamic, creative team of web designers who understand the vital role of images in our visually-oriented culture. Effective communication is the key to business success. In the web design industry, 3D presentations “speak” eloquently. Conscious of this fact, we are in the market to translate your ideas into vibrant, meaningful images with which your clients can identify.
    This sounds like you're a visual design company. 3D Presentation? What's that? I think a more plain approach about how you process designs are more effective. "we create lines of communication between you and your clients, ensuring an effective and satisfying user experience" sounds like what I would say.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Perhaps, but remember that not everyone will understand what the button is for, and many won't even notice it. I think it's better to just embed a flash slideshow instead.

For the showcases, its a good idea to also display what you client wanted, how long it took, its design process, etc. Potential clients like the feeling of "oh, he's done this before!" and this can help a lot.

Other pages should include more practical stuff, that actually makes you different from the others. So far you have a lot of content which is practically on every web design site..
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Remove Ads