Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey Guys,
    My first post here. I know HTML, a little ASP, and thats pretty much it. I love Photoshop. Anyways, Looking forward to choppin it up with you guys about web design and the like.
    Hopefully somebody responds to this.
    Anyhows, Keep it real and e-mail me if you'd like:
    allrightythen_99@yahoo.com
    http://www.geocities.com/allrightythen_99

Member #
    I don't mean to sound rude or put you off in any way, but for all your proclaimed experience you have a long way to go. It especially shows by the fact that you're using Frontpage and are hosting with geocities. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're going to purchase decent hosting and a real domain.

Anyway, while your site is succinct and to the point, it's not the best to look at. It's not terrible, but it doesn't promote the experience that you claim. It looks like it's from the '90s and the code is poor. You should be coding your HTML by hand, you should know it backwards and forwards, and you should learn CSS.

I am a 22 year old website design
    That typo in your about page says it all Just joking man, no offense at all.

Member #
    Haha, I know. I noticed that. BTW has anybody checked out webforumz.com
    I seem to like it a little better. Not to turn you astray. Same comments. Something from the 90's i am a a 22 yr old web site... Haha, thats funny somebody aught to do that for the kick of it. If it's legit.
    :chinese:

Member #
    I get complements all of the time, people asking how I know so much about these things, How I learned all that, and the answer is always the same. I taught myself.
    Yet your site ain't the best...

Member #
    Not to be insulting, but.. have you been hibernating in a cave or something? There's something called CSS, dude. I doubt you "know" HTML... that code is generated, my friend. I don't really see your photoshop abilities, either...

Good Website = Aesthetics + Content + Functionality

See which ones you fulfill well.

About that quote made by silver:
    Also, it's generally not good to boast yourself about stuff like that (seriously, it sounds like a 13-year old or something). I'm sure I won't be the only one reading that and thinking "Huh? Know so much about what? *Looks up* Huh?"

Just my comments.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    I'd typically expect to see this site as a DIY (do-it-yourself) for a small community based website, a non-profit, or something someone just threw together to promote a small product or service.
    Not from a "web designer".

What struck me is your home page says you are in a league of your own. That is probably true, but not in the way you think.
    To be honest if this one of the type of sites above that I referenced, I would say you should work on some things........but what do I tell someone who is promoting themselves as a web designer.

I'm sorry, nobody and I mean NOBODY will use you based on your website. Sure, you will get referrals in your local area from people you know, but NOBODY will use you based on your website.
    You want a potential client to look at your site and say "I want my site to look as good as this"........yours does not do that.

So onto the constructive stuff.........
    1) You should have a real domain and real hosting (be professional).
    2) Your content is really lacking.
    - Your home page. Should have more about your business (not that it is your "home on the web"). Very unprofessional
    - Your about page. Nobody (professional clients) will care about what you did when you were 14, nor your age now for that matter. You should have about what your business and what you are about. Your commitment to the customer, your business philosophy, customer guarantees, service guarantees, etc. ABOUT your business. Not about when you got your first computer. *By the way, there are many younger designers on here in a league of their own and I mean a much farther advanced league.
    - Your services page. Huh? Where are your services? You talked about how you built computers, but there are no "computer services". What else do you do? Web, graphic design? SEO? Custom forms? Databases? What else? You have nothing.
    - Your portfolio page. You only have 2 clients. You don't need to put your own site on there. I never, never understand why people put their own site on their portfolio. It makes no sense. Everyone knows you designed the site they are on!
    Plus, you have it marked at the bottom of each page. If you have no other clients, mock up some designs......give yourself some more substance.
    - Your contact page. All you have is an email link. Create a form. Put some contact info on there (phone, fax, email, address)......whatever you use for your "professional services". It looks tacky with a yahoo email link as your only contact piece.

Also, lose the VTR website you did as a graphic on every page.

You have a long way to go with this site. I'd suggest taking some of the input and making it better.
    In my opinion, this is probably the worst "web design company" site I've ever seen posted on here.

Back to the drawing board, beef up your content, get a domain/hosting, and you should be fine.

Good luck......

*as for the comment by silver, I would ignore it. A one line blurb (that really is an insult) doesn't help you make your site better.
    GMan

Member #
    God. It's stupid. Any suggestions for the VTR website? It belongs to my dad.

Member #
    No, leave the VTR in your portfolio, just don't have the graphic on all your other pages.
    Though that is the least of the issues.

Put some graphic design samples that you've created in place of them. Or put a graphic that relates to the page.

Don't throw in the towel on this. Put some more effort into making it a little better.
    GMan

Member #
    I suggest trying to learn a bit more about web design and put what you learn into practice. I highly recommend http://www.webdesignfromscratch.com/. It has lots of great information. I learned a lot from it.

It is great that you taught your self a lot already but taking a few tips from the experts never hurts. I think it would help you a lot.

Member #
    I think you just need to do some research, find some good web design teaching sites and understand what exactly this whole thing is al about and you'll do fine. Hopefully....

cheers
    Franklin de Leon
    www.fdvisions.com

Remove Ads