Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I just want to know if I have a sense on designing websites, I'm still a newbie and want to improve my skills, hope you can help me..thanks

I just want to hear comments and advice from the expert like you guys..

Member #
    improve your skills? are you kidding, it is very good. two small points - when the site loads the rolling example move to fast and therefore a little distracting. on the examples page the site look different sizes due to the back ground - so perhaps a border?

but very good, i think.

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    I think it looks great, but the code is poor. You got to learn to hand code, and learn CSS. The website should be easy to do.

I find it funny that in your header, you see the use of tables after tables.

Member #
    Agreed. That's a pretty simple design yet it's effective. One thing though... Photoshop isn't supposed to be for web design (as a primary tool). I suppose you took the header HTML from your own HTML, did you? Well, that would make your header something to frown at.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayo
    I think it looks great, but the code is poor. You got to learn to hand code, and learn CSS. The website should be easy to do.

I find it funny that in your header, you see the use of tables after tables.

thank's for the comments....well actually I'm still studying more about CSS, as I've said I'm still a newbie in web development....I'll improve my coding on my next post...

thank's again!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah, it looks pretty cool. Drop the tables, though, including in the header Because this isn't really a finalized site yet, I would ask that you post further requests for comments in the Starting Out section, though, please

Member #
    Can you rate my designs?

I'm a newbie in web designing, I only started last month so I need some comments from you guys to improve my skills...What factors should I have to consider in designing websites? What element of a site should I have to put? Things like that....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    One thing I just notice is that the shadow behind the footer is a different shade.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steax
    Agreed. That's a pretty simple design yet it's effective. One thing though... Photoshop isn't supposed to be for web design (as a primary tool). I suppose you took the header HTML from your own HTML, did you? Well, that would make your header something to frown at.
    Steax and I will always agree to disagree :laugh:

IMO ... PS is a GREAT tool in web design ... It's a great "draft" tool ... kinda like a steroid-powered pen & paper
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Steax and I will always agree to disagree
    Point taken. But I still prefer paper prototypes when making websites.

What factors should I have to consider in designing websites?
    Here's something to think about (and for karinne to disagree on) - don't make designs too image-intense. Keep your content, not your design, as the point of focus. Remember that people view sites for their content, not for the beauty in its design. A good design is a good motivator, helper to make people remember your site, and other purposes, but it's not the only element to emphasize on. I've seen people with sites so image-crazy that the content was tiny text that turned out to be useless.

Thankfully, you haven't succumbed to this disease. Just a warning.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads