Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: A new site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I just finished my web design portfolio site, If it were not to much of a burden would you fine gentlemen/ladies evaluate it and return some constructive critism. By the way I'm new here so hello.:devious:

Click here for the link

Member #
    Hi! I think your site lacks some "gentle" factor... it's all hard lines. The header can do with some better colors, some better text, and the tabs should have opaque backgrounds. Don't forget some rollovers.

Better images should be used. Most are very conceptive images and don't really describe anything useful. Your text is in large blocks and not very nice to read. And your code... hand type it!
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    The gutter shadows are way too big. They should never extend beyond 15 or 20 px.

Member #
    I usually have just 10px with very low transparency. The subtle ones are the best.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Also you did the thing of putting the portofolio site as part of the portfolio site.

Doesn't that lead to a never ending loop? :cheeky:

Member #
    Thank you very much for your suggestions, I am going to fix my site as soon as I get the time but unfortunately due to a busy schedule that may take me a couple days. I will post back once I make a few changes. Once again thank you and don't mind if I lurk a little....

Member #
    I think its a good 'concept' but as far as execution it could use a little work. Theres something funky goin on below the footer, the lines are a little jagged, and you could really work on the content a bit. Use more headlines.

BUT, props on having amy whinehouse on the music app. Good stuff.
    http://christopher-scott.org - Ramblings of an amateur web designer
    http://childfreechoice.com - An online community for the positively childfree

Member #
    Not bad, my suggestion would be to make the black lines more of a gray/dark gray so the page is softer to look at.

List Free in the Web Design Directory:

http://www.WebDesignersbyState.com

Member #
    The overall look is better than some other portfolios I have seen but it could still use some work. Too many hard lines. Not enough focus.

I also suggest cutting down on the text. Try reading this, it helped me a lot.

I found a few misspellings on a few of the pages. For example "If you don't believe us check around, you will not fing a better deal on web design". Stuff like that could really turn off customers.

I think it is a reasonable start, just keep at it.

Remove Ads