Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi please comment on:
    http://www.stylishmonkey.co.uk
    http://www.stylishmonkey.co.uk/sm-menu
    and:
    http://www.stylishmonkey.co.uk/sm-menu/sunny.php

all different, but i would like to know which one is the best.

much appreciated - Martin

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Ok,

I like the second one (blue) the best, but that's also just my taste. I like the yellow / orange for originality, but the rest of the colors don't complement that scheme well. The first one (gray) has awful hover effects on the menu items - they get bolded, which makes the whole menu shift.

I love the pop-up menus in general... are they a plug-in or did you make them yourself?

The content on all of them needs to be jazzed up a bit. Consider adding a similar feel to the pop-up menus and mouseovers within them to keep consistency throughout the page.

That's about it.

Member #
    I would have to say that I like the second one the best. I don't like the long block of text on the right in your first one, it's too long and leaves the rest of the page blank. As for the third one, I just prefer the blue over the orange, that seems to be the only difference between the two.

Also, the background you have for your main content is a little dark to be putting black text over IMO. I'm looking at it on a laptop, so I'm not getting the best view possible, but I'd still reccommend lightening up the bg a little.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Ditto, even on a CRT the background looks a bit gray. The menus are cool, albeit best for broadband (the rollovers weren't cached, either).
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hmm... Your menus don't work on Mozilla 1.02... at all.

They're a bit errr big I suppose. While the rest of the site is nice and sleek and small the menus are like this giant bubbly entity. Nice idea.. but like said before, pre-load, get it workin in moz and maybe make 'em a bit smaller and it'll be good to go
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Hmm, i do need to cache the images yes. Its funny how none of you liked the gray one best! Its my fave :nervous:. The bolding you talk about is actually because i was updating the site, while u was visiting, the damn server caches the page takes a while for all files to be updated. And yes its my own. Mozilla support is a MUST i agree and i hope to do so soon!

Thanks for the replys! - Martin

Member #
    O.k. cache has been sorted out . I actually put a cache function in the script, but my paths to the images were wrong .

Member #
    Hi, these "layouts" aren't my favorite style. My opinion is they are to empty. Maybe that's your point, you want that.. I don't know. But my comments, I will not think about my favorite style, but give you normal comments :beard:

I don't like the grey one. Cuz there isn't color in. And I like colors, alright, you maybe don't, but I think you should not use the grey one. About the Blue one. More color, nice, the silver gradient underneath the blueheadergradient looks good. The Orange one, this is the one I like the most. Cuz there is much color, not really much, but there is color :nervous:

I don't know where your site is for. Maybe for only scripts. But if it's a graphical website, cuz your name is stylishmonkey I think you should really work hard on the layout, cuz it's very empty now

Good Luck with your site!

Cya,

truSt

Member #
    Thanks, content will come in the future. Most is temporary right now. Thansks for the replys poeple. - Martin

Member #
    Very nice! i like the your banner. that is my favorite color scheme. but i think there is some problem with your page when i view it in Safari(macosx) here is the screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

http://iphong.com
    http://adstudio1.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads