Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    1.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    1.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    1.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Here's the new version of my blog, which will be optimized to support CMSes like Wordpress (I will try to create some templates soon). It's now filled with English content (although the server might still be slow for some).

Again, it's still in beta and I just finished it this morning. So this is pretty much just a demo of the functionallized design.

Change from old version: Main menu is now full text (no longer images), and new sidebar menu.

The blog will start to be filled in soon.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    server is really slow!

i would add some padding to content

Member #
    Yeah, darn server. Must change. Thing is, they're holding my domain hostage, and my only option is to survive until next January. Argh.

Padding? Ok, I'll do that.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Is the navigation supposed to jump like that?
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Jump? Jump? Browser/OS please... it's supposed to animate.

Member #
    Windows XP, Opera 9.21
    The container grows, and the text moves over, creating a jumping effect.

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    how are they holding your domain hostage?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Thanks chris, I'll take a look at it.

Wired: Well not really hostage, just that there's a lot of legislation to be done, and I can't do it since I'm underage (so I need to get a parent to do it). It would cost me about US$40... and thats a lot in my currency.

Member #
    Holy cow. That sucks. You mean you can't just change the DNS info, and be done with it?

Member #
    I can change the DNS, but in order to do so I have to go over and send a permission letter or something (which a parent must write), then wait for the response that hands over the DNS controls, and then that doesn't involve all the waiting and several other legislation stuff (ID card copies, etc) I need to send.

And yes it sucks a lot.

Remove Ads