Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

One year ago, I created my first site as a homepage for my photography business. The site was well-received by clients, but in the time since then I've learned quite a bit about web design and decided to make some improvements.

After much work, I'm rolling out ImageGarden version 2. This site uses fully valid XHTML Strict, no tables whatsoever and a cool new popup window system for email forms and a mini-gallery. I'd appreciate it if you could look over this site and tell me about anything you see, no matter how small, that could use improvement.

If you want to compare this site to my old one, the old page is archived here: http://www.imagegardenphoto.com/oldsite.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Not too keen on your nav - the rollover states look a bit wierd. Nav is a bit chunky for my liking. Put some rollover states on your secondary category nav. Header could do with some work. Put some javascript degradation in - if you switch js off the site doesn't work. I quite like the main content div. Sorry just a few quick comments there didn't really get time to look in depth at the site. Edit - it's far better than the old site. The old one looks very dated.

Member #
    The site works for me with JS turned off, aside from the gallery, mail form and Services sample images. I could put a notice in the gallery that it needs JS to work that would be shown to people not using JS.

What do you mean by the secondary category nav? The gallery sections? Maybe I could underline the labels of those buttons when the user rolls over them.

What do you think could be improved in the header? I suppose I could make the nav tabs thinner. Thanks for your comments.

Remove Ads