Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Stick Men Site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I just got my web site running. It still has some costruction to do. But I have forums and a chat room. It is the official site of Dark Pivot Productions too. Please tell me if it needs improvements or what should be removed. Rate it too. Also please join the forums if you like it.

Member #
    The dark red on black is unreadable, as are the visited links on the left. I can't really add much more because I have NO CLUE what the site is about. Also, if you are serious about this website, then you need real hosting, and then you can host your forums and blog yourself, and benefit from the content posted on them.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    ok,but i donkt know what colors will go together good and still fit in with the site theme. Also, i don't understand what u mean by real hosting.

Member #
    Try this, to find some colors that work together.

Real hosting = Paid hosting that doesn't slap ads everywhere.

Good luck!
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Ok thanks. I will get paid hosting when i get some money. I forgot to mention im only 11 years old also.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Like Chris, I also can not figure out the purpose of the site. Maybe on the homepage you can have a blurb about what the site is actually about. (Even by reading the text there I had no idea).

I think the header needs a LOT of work. The stick men look blurry, and the whole thing looks stretched. The text and graphics in the header are right up to the edges. It looks a lot more like it was made in MS Paint or something - it just doesn't look professional. I also am not too keen on the colored outlines on the black text.

On the tout that says "Forums Now Open"... The black around the red text looks really choppy. Also, the inner shadow on it doesn't seem to go very well. And the text just seems too big.

I think one of the major problems with this design is that the size of the text is just way too big. It results in the website looking unprofessional and too "in-your-face". In addition, I have to scroll. If you just took the size of the text down, your users probably wouldn't need to scroll.

Also, the text on the navigation bar on the left is RIGHT up to the edge. I would definitely add some padding to it.

Also I would suggest using a colored background for the banner, and leaving the content area either white or a lighter color (rather than the bright green you have now).

I also agree with Chris that the ads need to go. They are unprofessional and distracting.

And lastly I would just say that the color choices really need some work, they are all too bright, and too many colors - you have bright blue, bright green, and bright red. Try picking one or two colors, and use varying shades of those colors.
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    ok, yeah. I see what u are saying. I'll try those things. That was very helpfull. Also, as I said, when i get money I will get a beter hosting plan.

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    I think that you've got some good tips, and I'll like you redesign before I say something.

If you really don't want to spend money, but want a fair host, then you could try 110mb.com. It gives you plenty of space, ad free, no added scripts, and wide support for many languages. The only problem is that they don't like it if you used extremely resource consuming scripts.

Remove Ads