Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I would like to know what my fellow designers think about this mockup I did for our mutual learning. My client needs a website that looks professional and focuses on place making. The home page should be a portal to help the different type of users to get to what they are interested in.

EDIT: The layout would be fluid. The content would be centered.

Member #
    Jerols, very nice design. I like it alot, and the attention to color and spacing is exceptional. I would suggest having the header a little lighter, i couldn't really see the barn at first, and it looks liek a very nicephoto. Keep in mind, you don't have control over ppl's monitor's and brightness/contrast actually differ quite a lot monitor to monitor.

The green box looks a little funny, as it has sharp corners, contrasting with the nice rounded w/black stroke corners of the brown box, so it might look nicer if those two matched up a little better.

But over all, very, very nice design. I love your style.
    http://christopher-scott.org - Ramblings of an amateur web designer
    http://childfreechoice.com - An online community for the positively childfree

Member #
    Thanks slyder. That's encouraging. I'll be sure to take a look at the issues you brought up. Thanks for the reminder about ppl's monitors (I'm on a nice Cinema display so the barn is nice and visible for me). I'll see what I can do with that green box and probably post back here.

BTW slyder, nice site your self. Any tips for a high school student (rising senior) looking to start a web design/development business? I have been developing my skills since age 11 without any paying work. I have experience in HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP, MySQL, some XML, and currently working on a Ruby on Rails web app to help me (and hopefully others) out with web research/learning. (See my blog for more about me. I am not exactly sure what prices I should start at. I am doing this site for my dad (I didn't set a price but he will probably pay me something). So I'll have a bit of work to show but not a whole ton.

Member #
    Wow. Nice! I can't even see the barn in the header, and agree with what slyder said. I can't wait to see it coded.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    very nice first impression, it's crisp and clean and easy on the eye

the only thing i would change is that the nav menu is too simple and text used for it is a bit boring, other than that though, nice work

Member #
    Thanks for the input ajkendall. I don't see simple navigation as a bad thing; in my opinion the navigation shouldn't jump out at a user, the content should (and that is what I tried to do). At this point I can't think of anything that would work better for the look of the navigation but I am open to suggestions.

Member #
    simple but still professional, good job man.

cheers
    Franklin de Leon
    www.fdvisions.com

Remove Ads