Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi guys. I need a little insight guys. I have a friend of mine who runs a carp paylake and need s a simple website mostly to list directions and the hours they run tournaments and things of that nature. I told him I'd make him a a little site to serve his purpose for nothing just to help him out. All I wanted to do before I got started good was decide on my margin colors(scheme) and the header graphic. So this is what I came up with. I just need a little insight on how you guys think it looks before I finish it up. I just didnt want it to be cheesy. I thought since it was a fishing lake that this graphic kinda fit. Let me know what you think and ty in advance guys.
    war

Member #
    It repeats horizontally on my monitor (1024X768). It is very bright, and doesn't really make me think "Let's go fishing there!"
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Oh i see, the graphic repeats on a higher res. LOL I can fix that. I wasnt really concerned about that. I was mainly asking about the graphic in the top left side. What do you think of it?

Member #
    And I agree that the colors may not work. It may indeed be too bright. I have been tinkering with different ones. I really like the water letters since it is a lake but its hard to figure what others think sometimes when u are partial to something. What color would you replace the purpleish color(7F75Fd) with. What is a good classy contrast to white if i tone it down a bit?

Member #
    I would go with darker/mossy greens.

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    What if i put a wood grain look behind the in place of the purple? Too much? I think u r right though, the dark greens would be very nice. i may just go that route if nothing else strikes me.

Member #
    If done right (very subtle), a wood grain could look nice.

Member #
    hi there
    I would reccomend that you put some pictures in of the lake to look at colors.
    when dealing with different places they have different colors, water color, trees ect.
    I would say it is a bit loud on the color, you tend to find that fisherman tend to be deaf, but not color blind, as the night vision is normaly very good :-)

wood colors can work but with fishing pictures they tend to be of dark colors so it gives the whole site a dark feel to it. keep with the idea of bright colors, I say just go down a few shades.

here have a look at my fishing site, in the end I went for the blue background, I had a long time playing with colors and gave up at this.
    www.kiwifishingbangkok.com

if you send me some info I can put up a page on his lake, as I like to promote lakes :-)
    kiwi

Member #
    since it was going to be a free little site and I'm not as good as some of you, I decided to go with a template. I didnt need anything too fancy, just a basic site that looks nice and gets to the point. Here is what i came up with so far.

www.bubbascarplake.rippinhard.com

It seems to serve the purpose, what do you think? Although it isn't quite all the way finished mind you. I'm still tinkering with it.

Member #
    Looks alright, but the logo doesn't really match.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads