Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all!

I've been designing websites for a little while now, and have just started working with PHP (SSIs really). Yes, I'm 40 years old so take it easy please!

I designed this website for a friend with php / html / css and would love some feedback. BUT there is one issue I already know of!

The biggest help would be if someone could shed some light as to why it doesn't work with IE. I know IE displays pages totally differently, but if someone could please either identify the code or tell me what I've done wrong / how I can fix it I'd much appreciate it!

I created it while viewing it in Firefox, and then I just started testing it and found that IE stuffs it up a bit. I'm thinking it's something to do with the CSS.. maybe?

(The menu.css is here, and the style.css is here).

Any ideas?

All help appreciated!

Fourzer0

Member #
    Well the fact that you have 2 <head> sections, doesn't help. There are also some other funky things going on in your code.

To be completely honest, I would forget about the includes and use pure HTML until you have the page displaying how you want. Then when the pages display right, then you can cut chunks out to include with SSI's.

The footer display issue has to due, just from looking at it, to the fact that the buttons are so spread out.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Thanks for pointing those extra tags Chris!

I seem to have fixed it. I removed the </td> and </tr> parts on the buttons.php SSI.

Worked a charm! Now I'm going to re-validate the HTML with w3.org.

Thanks!

Mitch

Member #
    Much better.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Remove Ads