Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all...

I was recently retained to overhaul this company's site. The old one was 90's technology and BAD 90's at that. I used the Content Management System (which makes editing for the company really easy) along with rocket theme layout.

Please be honest with me...I am a neophyte, but I feel I did a pretty darn good job...(I read a lot!)

Take a look and then let me have it.

http://www.golittleguy.com

I know there are a couple issues and would gladly take advice if you know how to resolve them...for example the stretched out logo on the bottom left.

:alien:

Member #
    The CMS is Joomla right? You should remove the fav icon.

If the theme is indeed yours then its not bad. If you downloaded it then I think the amount of credit you can take from the project is somewhat limited.

As for the layout itself, i'm not too overstruck on the way the site is partitioned with the left, center and right columns. I guess this is mainly down to personal taste though.

After some time moving around the site I found that the navigation isn't very intuitive. I couldn't work out whether I was supposed to visit this site to buy trailors or to become a dealer selling them.

My final criticism is the header, it doesn't do anything, isn't clickable and all it is doing is pushing the content down the page which makes me scroll down to view what is written. This is kinda annoying.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Nice work!

But you should have the /cms/ folder be your site's default directory instead of redirecting.

Member #
    Thank you both...I appreciate your advice and help!

Member #
    I'm very impressed with the layout. I'm pretty new to web design, and I'm having trouble with removing pictures from their original backgrounds and adding them to my page so that they'll blend in well with the rest of the page. It looks like you did a great job with that too (the teardrop trailers).

The color scheme is great, and the contrast is also wonderful in my opinion. All information is easily accessible, and clean too.

Member #
    Not bad
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    Very nice. As mentioned above I believe the header is slightly too tall. Other then that very nice.

Remove Ads