Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hi all... my goal was to put up a small site for myself.. personal/freelance purposes..

alot of it consists of one graphic is my downfall.. but do you guys like the st yle? or should i burn it and enlarge it to a full page? .. i reall dont have alot of info to offer .. one reason i went small.. fact i wanted something unique too..

well let me get some feedback.. thanks

Member #
    Nice design however...

Its slightly dark and too crammed if you give the site room to breath and have the user not squinting to read the text in such a small space it would be better.

You spelt Projects wrong.

I'd say make it larger and bigger more easier to read fonts.

Member #
    Honestly, I'm not a big fan. The reflection bit is a bit much, and the grey separator bit, with the shadows... I don't know what it is, but, it just doesn't work for me. The grey text on the contact page is unreadable, and the address bit on that page is pushed off the black content area. Also, that blue on the black is tough to read as well.

Good luck!
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    It's alright, but it is a bit cramped and not too visually appealing, especially with the mouseover effect in the navigation menu.
    And yes, "Projects" is spelled wrong.
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    To be honest i dont like it much, as a portfolio your design should stand out because if your a web designer surely your own site should be miles above what ever you would create for someone.

Its a good idea, also i dont get your logo.. It could be a lot better, think what your site has to offer.. its a web design and search engine optimisation site? the logo should correspond to this.. maybe have a search glass with something going round it like a sphere which implies the search engine opt.. i dunno im not great with thoughts off the top of my head, i know when things look nice though.. but im sure you'll get it lookin just right ..

Sorry i give critique quite badly, if i liked it however i would not and this is what you posted it here for right? .. When my sites up and running ill do the same, lol.. I'll probaby get more critic than im giving out right now..

Dan

Member #
    From your contact form you should be able to tell that this site doesn't fit your needs.

Make it wider with min/max-width and make it deeper. At least then you could put some content into it and allow a potential client to write more than 4 words before the text area scroll bar appears.

Member #
    I like the design very much. It looks simple, yet, it stands out. I like the color contrast of the design. I'd like to see the content developed and see how it looks then. The layout is very small and should be bigger so that a human can see it . Also, make the text contrast more with the background color because its too hard to read, especially on the contact page.

Good job and good luck with the site.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    You know how I feel.

Remove Ads