Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'm a 17 year old High School student currently raising money to go to college. Seeing that this is my last year in HS I've begun my persuit on establishing my web development / graphic design business with the guidance of my father who is the owner of an architectural company. I've done several websites for local businesses / restaurants.

I do realize I'm lacking many CSS Skills which is a major part in web design. But with the amount of time being given to me I haven't had a slightest chance on even reading up on major CSS coding.

If you all could give me any other critiques / advice I would be more than interested to hear what you have to say. I'm currently in top ranking on google / yahoo for my personal name "Michael Cantu" how ever. I don't have enough criteria to get myself listed under web design, or web designer, due to the amount of competition.... If you have any ideas for that as well. Please feel free to let me know

Thanks in advance,
    Michael R. Cantu
    www.xtremedezigns.com

Member #
    Hi, I see I've got a friend! I'm also 17 and a web designer. Now, I can't seem to view your site, it says the server can't be found. But beforehand, I'd like to critic the domain name. It shouts, umm, amateurish... Do get yourself a better name.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The header's fairly nice, but the links need to have some sort of hover state. Everything underneath needs lots of work: the font needs to be changed on ALL pages, the text shouldn't be centred (and I would question the inclusion of a donation button for a web design company), and the bit on the right seems pointless.

As for more stuff that is unrelated to the front page, your link colours need to be darker, since they're barely visible. You may also want to reconsider having some of your links open up in a new page (the photography ones in the flash thing should really fit the design of your site, not someone else's flash application).

The links page, in its current form, shouldn't exist. You've copied links to sites already on your portfolio, and provided links to sites not many people will show any interest in - they're not relevant to your cause. The Firefox button needs to go, and that Paypal one should disappear too, in my opinion.

It's very bland - you need more content and some images to brighten it up.

Member #
    I can't open it at all. Is it just his server location? I'd like to see it..
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I think the second four menu links are a pixel or two lower than the first four for some reason.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro
    I think the second four menu links are a pixel or two lower than the first four for some reason.
    That's not on my browser...
    Anyway, do not center the text on the first page (home) and try to make a rollover state for the links and the buttons, as said above.
    Otherwise, good job.

Steax: There should be no reason why you can't view this site...nothing we could do...
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    Your site doesn't look "Xtreme." Where is the color. Yea, you have blue, but where are the complimentary colors? Your site is rather bland, and un-inspiring. The fade on your picture is a bit over done, and pulls peoples eyes from you (your face) to the bottom part of the picture. Rather than linking the Quote page and the Contact page to contact.php, why not just put a drop down menu for the subject, and add "FREE Quote" to the menu, then also but a badge on the front page, and the contact page that says Get a FREE Quote. The php pages took a while to load, much longer than the html pages.

Most importantly, you need some content on your home page.

Good luck!
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by -chris-
    The fade on your picture is a bit over done, and pulls peoples eyes from you (your face) to the bottom part of the picture.
    Not sure about the added drop shadow either - looks wierd.

The menu thing - I am viewing it on Firefox.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by -chris-
    Your site doesn't look "Xtreme." Where is the color. Yea, you have blue, but where are the complimentary colors? Your site is rather bland, and un-inspiring. The fade on your picture is a bit over done, and pulls peoples eyes from you (your face) to the bottom part of the picture. Rather than linking the Quote page and the Contact page to contact.php, why not just put a drop down menu for the subject, and add "FREE Quote" to the menu, then also but a badge on the front page, and the contact page that says Get a FREE Quote. The php pages took a while to load, much longer than the html pages.

Most importantly, you need some content on your home page.

Good luck!
    What other colors would you recommend, and where would you intend on me placing them?

Member #
    Here is a great color scheme tool that I use (as do several other members here). You could change the link color, the link hover color, the text color, add color to the background, and/or header. The only limit is your imagination.

Plus, you shouldn't be using tables for layout, you should use your CSS (which should be an external file, so that you only have to change one document).
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads