Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Mockup...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

So this is what I did last night instead of sleeping:
    http://www.rfsmusic.com/misc/Version1/

I'm pretty pleased with the overall look but some things I really need help with are:
    -the navigation.. I spent hours *trying* to do what I want and just gave up at this point with the menus. I want a lighter grey background to the menus (I have a .gif, but I'll explain later). I want it to when you mouseover, the cell that the title say "Home" is in to have a top, left and right border, but NO BOTTOM BORDER. As you can see I *tried* doing something like this last night cuz the border is actually in another row. and the menu drop down to have a right left, and bottom border.. don't know if that makes sense, but that's what I wanted and plan on trying to figure out soon.

-link color? =x

Comments, suggestions?
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Very nice and simple. unser the "current exhibition" and "news" there are lack of spaces. i feel there are too much texts, it confused my eyes.
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

http://iphong.com
    http://adstudio1.com

Member #
    For menu suggestions, I'd suggest not making the dropdown background semi-transparent. Make it a solid color, because you can see some of the page's content when you mouseover the dropdown, and it makes the links in the menu hard to read.

Only other suggestion I have is the banner. All of that information on the right makes it look imbalanced. I'd try either taking half of it out and putting it somewhere else, or removing it all and putting it all together somewhere else. That kind of information is good for a footer, but seeing you put it in the banner I'm guessing you want it in a more visible place (understandable).

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    spluf> for the menus... you can read what I said in HTML & CSS... what you're saying is pretty much waht I'm trying to do I was experimenting with transparency at the time and just got pissed off and went to sleep lol.
    Oh and yeah.. adress stays at top. I'm promoting a real life business... hiding adresses at bottom of documents tends to distract from the reality of a business I've found...

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    I think I have a solution for you.
    <html>
    <body>
    <style type="text/css">
    p.one {
    border-style: solid;
    border-width: 0px 1px 1px 1px
    }
    p.two {
    border-style: solid;
    border-width: 1px 1px 0px 1px
    }
    </style>
    </head>
    <body>
    <p class="one">Some text</p>
    <p class="two">Some text</p>
    </body>
    </html>

Here's where I got the basic code from: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_border.asp
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Wired>> I know HOW to do it... if you'd take a look at my css file you'd see i have the pertinent information commented out. The problem comes in implementing it... weird sh*t happens, and I don't know javascript well enough to explain why it happens. for example, if I do something like:
    document.getElementbyID(menuId + 'Cell').className = 'linkcellhover'; it moves the location of the div for some unknown reason...

If you could make a page doing what I have in mind, I would be greatly appreciated... although, that probably would be better suited in my thread in HTML & CSS.

I wish I knew javascript better =/

Member #
    Its very good, a little to dull for my liking, but it looks very in theme and traditional.

I like the menu, good one there!

Remove Ads