Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.7 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.3 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.7 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.3 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all,

Just about finished this site and interested in some feedback.

The brief was to create a neutral feeling proffesional site for a new independant research company. The site had to be neutral to reflect the companies un-biased research techniques.

professional independent research company

any thoughts?

Member #
    It is neutral, but drab. Even a splash of color won't change the neutrality, but can give it the ooph it needs to make look really nice. I have to ask why you only change the first picture on each page when the other 2 in the header don't change. Also, your nav could be easily achieved with text and CSS, rather than images.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    thanks for the feedback chris,

firstly only the first picture changes because my client wanted a picture of a politician but couldnt show any favouritism to any one political party. He also just wanted one photo of a specific person for the documentary picture. I do agree it looks abit strange with only one pic changing though.

The nav is done with images because I dont like embedding fonts into web pages and I wanted to use vrinda font as in the logo.

Thanks again,

Member #
    needs more color, the nav will be very hard for color blind ppl to see as well

Member #
    It's a very boring and plain with no color. Give it some color, even if its just a splash here or a splash there. I think the black and white photographs hinders the aestetics of it more than it helps to keep the flow of the design. If you're able to sporadically add color to the photos then that would help a lot, for instance just making a tie in the picture color while the rest is black and white.

I think the logo should be the bland color, but its the rest of the site that needs a pop of color added to it, even if its adding color for the hover of the links. Its a very plain site that, by its very blandness, doesn't make me, as a visitor, want to spend much time there regardless of how useful the content is.

Good luck.

Member #
    Yes, more color on your website would be the right solution. As for the first picture that changes, well, I understand you just did what you had been asked to do, nevertheless I think it would be more attractive and interesting for the visitors if all three pictures changed.

Member #
    Oh...a right-aligned navigation...ok I guess...
    It does definitely need more color, and the navigation is a little bland.
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    You should change the background color of your left menu to #E46F00 (your body background color with the saturation maxed out), #AA5108 (#E46F00 with the value kicked up a bit), or another bold color that you feel compliments the layout. I think that would make a world of difference. I agree about all 3 photos switching on refresh. Other than these 2 things, I think the layout looks professional and definitely unbiased.
    Christina Van Dyke

CRV Designs
    Apex, NC
    www.crv-designs.com

Remove Ads