Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Suggestions, Comments, Ratings?

Member #
    Have you thought about changing the menu on the right for something CSS based, rather than utilising rollover images?

Member #
    uhh I'm getting so tired of these PSD sliced template websites... But, to comment on the site, it really looks like you could create a good stylesheet for the menu, instead of preloading all of the images with javascript and using images..

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by metromax
    uhh I'm getting so tired of these PSD sliced template websites... But, to comment on the site, it really looks like you could create a good stylesheet for the menu, instead of preloading all of the images with javascript and using images..
    Alright, sounds great.

I don't know CSS, but I'll give it a try. :glasses:

What do you think about the visual aspect of the template itself, though?

Member #
    Agreed, CSS is the web design future! ive tasted it!

CSS seperates your content from your styling....i.e. if you have a 30 page site and 6 months down the line you wanted to change the colour scheme, all you need to do is edit one css file..instead of the long winded project of editng every page!

Mark Webster
    Chief Web Designer
    Advertising Agency ADZ Media (http://www.adzmedia.co.uk)

Member #
    May I ask you why you actually prefer dark colors? It looks quite gloomy and plain and especially depressed it made me when I went to "Forums" and "Submit a tutorial". I like it that you tried to play with fonts on your homepage, but I would surely change the color choices or make your website more attractive by using some pics.

Member #
    Rather than using one color, try to differentiate between the background and the foreground with different colors that work well together, use a little bit more "white-space" between menu items, text, etc. The website looks to cluttered. I would also use a different font if you're going with these colors beceause it's a little hard to read. Serif fonts should be used with caution on the web, I only use them if my clients specifically request them, or they're attracting a specific audience that would feel comfortable looking at them.

Member #
    Yes, you (like me) are at a great disadvantage with not learning CSS. Please do so...I'm trying.
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    I agree with everyone else about the colors. Plus, there is no consistency in the margins / padding. It's always a good idea to warn the visitor when a link will be opened in a new window. Otherwise, it's annoying and makes me subconsciously associate your website with spam.

And... it's my 100th post, wha hoo!
    Christina Van Dyke

CRV Designs
    Apex, NC
    www.crv-designs.com

Remove Ads