Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I made this site for a Cosmetic physician center. everyone that I know that I ask about it dosn't know what to say, so I want to hear some opinions from all you professionals out there that read these forums. Let me know if the flash menu isn't too annoying when selecting the submenu items, too.

Member #
    This website is a little bit colourless, and as for the navigation bar, well, the Flash menu is not annoying, but it's pallid so to say. Just use some brighter tints and colors and I think your website will look more attractive. nevertheless I should admit that it was a good job.

Member #
    not sure what pallid means, but ok. what colors do you recommend? I have serious issues with color schemes because I want to use colors that look good together, but I always end up just using the same color... everywhere just different shades, so some help with that or even a website that would explain how to do color schemes would be wonderful. thanks for the reply!

Member #
    It's a nice design.
    Pallid means pale, BTW.
    I would say blue and white lacks contrast. Blue and gold works well...
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    The problem is there are no "before" and "after" pics.

Take a page like Cosmetic Treatments. This picture either has a full name, location and personal quote ....or it's going to appear like a stock photo made to look like a Polaroid.

All picture should show the background of a physician's office to keep from looking like stock photography of fashion models.

Which brings me to the header. Sorry to say, this is the same problem -- fashion models pretending to be patients. No testimonials, no names, young -- soap opera pretty.

Equals F-A-K-E. Impressions are reality.

Designers go for the pretty look, even to the degradation of the message they are trying to communicate. There is no earthy reason to use stock photography when the very credibility of the site hinges upon showing the level of work the center is capable of.

This goes double for the Physicians page. If there ever were a site where stock photography should be avoided, a cosmetic surgery site is one. To my mind, using stock photography is equivalent to misinformation -- with all the potential liability that implies.

A map with driving directions would go some little way in showing some concern for the information needs of the reader.

...And, oh yeah, it looks good.

Member #
    very thorough, but this is a website for simple laser treatments and botox, you can't screw this kind of stuff up, it's not plastic surgery. You need to be able to trust plastic surgeons with their abilities, but botox? anybody can do that.
    I see what you mean, though. it's a good point. I will look into getting some quotes from these peoples' patients and writing them.

Member #
    To add to other comments, personally I think your menu is OK but it trails the highlighted/hover colour for too long (the yellow). To me it kinda turns into a blurry mess when you float your mouse over the buttons. Try to keep it simple and just highlight yellow in an on/off fashion.
    Steve

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by wavereel
    very thorough, but this is a website for simple laser treatments and botox, you can't screw this kind of stuff up, it's not plastic surgery. You need to be able to trust plastic surgeons with their abilities, but botox? anybody can do that.
    I see what you mean, though. it's a good point. I will look into getting some quotes from these peoples' patients and writing them.
    Any procedure, even Botox and seemingly simple laser procedures, is a big deal. If I were looking into getting these types of treatments done, I wouldn't feel comfortable with an "anybody can do it" attitude from the doctor's office I chose. You must be a health care professional to administer Botox, so this obviously isn't something everyone can do.
    Christina Van Dyke

CRV Designs
    Apex, NC
    www.crv-designs.com

Member #
    ...so this obviously isn't something everyone can do.
    I agree, but somebody else had to say it.

My point is this. The designer is going to minimize things just as was done here. The user doesn't care about a programmer or designer's rationalizations.

If you're the one getting something injected into your face, you don't want a frivolous "C'mon ...it's just a web site" attitude. You want someone to think like the user does, not dismiss user concerns.

Notice how -- if the design requires a "anybody can do it" -- the user is automagically assumed to share the same assumptions. This is called "The elastic User" where human nature is remolded like playdoh to make the web design work.

This is how you get desktop apps with five hundred page user manuals and websites which fail to convert.

Member #
    Could not read the opening page for more than a few seconds. The washed out blue text gives an instant headache.

Remove Ads