Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

I am working on a website for a client and would like any feedback on the current prototype:

http://www.kaybee.dcpdev.com/

I look forward to your reply,

regards

p shah - www.dcpweb.co.uk

Member #
    Your designs are great ( I looked at the mother nature site too), but you need to work on how you are making your sites. It is very important not to use tables for layout but CSS instead. This really helps with your load time, accessibility, and your ability to update the site later. Using CSS makes it much easier to update they way things look in the future.
    I would highly recommend learning some CSS because your designs are great and that would really make your websites excellent!

Member #
    Very nice designs, very elegant and simplistic.
    And I totally agree with the above person - please refrain from using tables in web design (as much as possible).
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    Really nice website and I liked it even more than "Mother nature" design! But I don't understand whether the "Production archive" should really stand out in your navigation or is it a bug?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My only concern is that which Jenni has written above - you seem to have an issue whereby "Production archive" is separated from the rest of the menu bar.

Apart from that, I think you've done an excellent job... whilst table-based design and XHTML don't really go hand-in-hand (in terms of philosophy at least) it's the way you've chosen to do it and I think it's fine... personally I wouldn't go re-writing without tables at this stage... the site looks and feels fine, so the tables are "doing the job"...

Your site has a friendly feel, the writing being particularly welcoming... it has really good use of photos and graphics (not excessive) and it is very well structured, no page feeling in any way "cluttered"... yes... very nice indeed.

:-)

Sean

Member #
    I like the web site. Very simple, beautiful, professional.
    I think is very appropriate for it's target.
    Cratima helps you build your company website.
    Visit us: www.cratima.com
    International Web Design

Member #
    the site itself is good, you may want to put some thought into SEO. not having seo keywords in your title tags will rip you apart if you ever want this site to appear in search engines for any search that doesn't contain the company's name.

Remove Ads