Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

guys, please let me know if the color scheme and layout on this site is visually appealing or not
    http://www.medicalbeautyspa.com or should I make the Header the same color as the site?

Thanks irate:

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Er.... colours = no.
    Layout = ok.
    In my opinion anyway.

I would base the site more around the header colours than the site colours, personally.........others may disagree.

Member #
    So shoot for the red tones and burgundy???

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Personally yeah I think perhaps better than the green - or choose some slightly less garish shades of green - dark or pastel - it's a bit bright at the moment.
    See what a couple of other people say......

Member #
    The colors aren't that good together. The layout would be better without the borders around the sections, or with some padding added.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've done some hacking around with your design to illustrate a few points...

You can find the revised version here...

http://www.seanmiller.net/copies/mbs/

Starting at the top, the changes I've made are...

1. I wouldn't use a Microsoft character set. Use ISO8859-1 instead which will support the characters and is more likely to be rendered accurately.
    2. The symbol isn't always going to render correctly either. Use the code instead which is browser-safe.

Now, design...

3. You've got zero margin at the bottom but a huge amount of green at the top. I would lose it entirely.
    4. The pictures in the title bar are too close to the top and also too close to each other. Lose the height on the title bar and use vspace and hspace to move the images apart and set the space top/bottom.
    5. I couldn't see any point in the dark green bar between header and content so have removed it. I think it looks better without.
    6. The dark green bar at the bottom would, I think, look better matching the colour of the title bar. See what you think.
    7. All the hyperlinks are difficult to see. Give the colours more contrast with their respective backgrounds. Green on green (rollover in main content) also looks rather odd. I've made the main content links grey with darker grey rollover and the ones at the bottom white with a subtle green rollover. Again, see what you think.
    8. Don't forget to put the generic "sans-serif" in your CSS definitions, otherwise your site will appear in Times New Roman if the browser doesn't have Arial set.
    9. Your title text in the main box looks a bit odd left-justified. I have made it centred.
    10. Ditto with the title "MEDICAL SPA LOCATIONS..." in bottom right box
    11. Often text in boxes looks better justified. Have justified text in the Botox box and also applied a 5px margin to the left and right to move the text away from the borders.

You might consider making the width relative to the page size rather than absolute.

On high resolution browsers that green on the left and right is going to become seriously overwhelming. You really only want it to

Hope all that helps - enjoy!

Sean

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Oops, forgot... couple of other things I found...

1. If you look at your site you'll notice that the 818 number touches the side of the boxes whereas your two locations further down don't... this is inconsistent... I added a hspace of 3 to the 818 image to sort this. You could equally well make the others touch, your call, but it looks odd having one thing in one place and one in another. At the same time I changed the alt tag to have the telephone number which will be more useful to those without images...

I also wanted to mention coding...

a. You've got quite a few instances where you've opened tags and not closed them... this is not a good idea as it will confuse some browsers. One of these, a <p> tag with no closing was causing a rather unsightly line of whitespace below your site.

b. You might want to consider your use of tables within tables within tables for things that could be done far easier. Tables take a relatively long time to render anyway and so you want to have as few of them as possible. The site design is relatively simply and could be accomplished with far fewer tables.

Anyway, must get back to paid work...

All the best,

Sean

Member #
    Sean, God bless you !! Thank you so much that is just truely amazing! I realy appreciate it

Member #
    The green background almost blinded me...
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    Okay, I added some content pages now take a peek please

and put on your SHADES so the green doesn't bother you lol

Remove Ads