Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Site analysis

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello folks - I've made some changes to my site www.USStrings.com
    I would appreciate a review and some comments from those here who know more than Iabout prcatical SEO. I paid a web designer to put this site together - but am not satisfied with either the look or performance of the site.
    Please take a look at the coding also - which is where I think the real problems may lie.
    Thank you - many thanks.
    Larry -

Member #
    For a professionally built website, I'm not impressed with the quality of the layout, coding, or basic SEO. Anyway, I recommend that you read my article for some SEO tips.
    Christina Van Dyke

CRV Designs
    Apex, NC
    www.crv-designs.com

Member #
    Yeah, I agree. The html is messy. Basic SEO is bad also. There are many things needed to fix this site to match the level that you sound like you were hoping for.

The design of the site also looks like it was created at least 6 years ago. It is not visually appealing. I would recommend that you do further research before choosing another graphic or web designer, and by submitting the site to this forum you are obviously starting off well now.

Best of luck

Brian

Web Design Naples

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    What's all that bizarre whitespace about at the top of the site?

The doctype should always be on the first line, not pages and pages down the page otherwise the browsers won't know how to render the content and IE will go into Quirks mode. However, that's easily fixed - just remove everything above the doctype.

Looks to me like the designer is a bit of a "jack of all trades", charging ridiculously small amounts of money to do things like audio typing ($20 for a 30 minute tape with proof-reading included (this is going to take at least an hour all-in, if not more, isn't it!) is not a viable rate for a student sitting at home with a computer, let alone a company - similarly I'd be very wary of anybody who offers to design you a decent logo for $25)

Sean

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by seanmiller
    What's all that bizarre whitespace about at the top of the site?

The doctype should always be on the first line, not pages and pages down the page otherwise the browsers won't know how to render the content and IE will go into Quirks mode. However, that's easily fixed - just remove everything above the doctype.

Looks to me like the designer is a bit of a "jack of all trades", charging ridiculously small amounts of money to do things like audio typing ($20 for a 30 minute tape with proof-reading included (this is going to take at least an hour all-in, if not more, isn't it!) is not a viable rate for a student sitting at home with a computer, let alone a company - similarly I'd be very wary of anybody who offers to design you a decent logo for $25)

Sean
    Adding to the last comment from Sean, you should also be aware of teh "you get what you pay for" theory in design.....often if their rates are lower , you should usually expect lower results. This is not always the case, as there may be a great designer working from home that can provide much better service than a large company at a lower cost, but in most cases, you really do get what you pay for in the design and coding world.

Member #
    Tables = no, no, no, no, no. (Source: everywhere (this in particular)).
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Remove Ads