Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Well, as you may know i've developing a website called 'Hostlab' and this will hopefully be launched next month.

I'm having trouble with the homepage, I've done part, which I am really pleased with - but I think it's a bit dull. I wanted to keep this site minimal and quite clean looking, but not boring.

http://www.hostlab.co.uk/temp_idea_1.php - Have a look at that, I need to add more colour(I think), but i'm not sure how. the little 'All included' table isn't meant to be part of the design, but thats my injection of colour for now, I need to incorperate that info + some other info onto that page and at the same time use colour.

One of the things i'm struggling with is how to lay out all these itty bitty bits of info about my packages - should I use tables?

Member #
    here r some tips:
    1. the u have to increase the left matgin of the body text, it is sticked to the border of the window.
    2. Try to use orange for the hyperlinks, so they will be more noticable.
    3. the animated image, it is black and white, u can replaced it with an image with a suitable color.
    4. ofcourse u can use tables, u just place ur info beside the animated image, use dark gray for the text, or dark blue, i think this would be appropriate.

Member #
    Thanks, I'll take them into consideration!

JR
    Member #
    nice work,

put some padding on the left side and put this in your head section [minicode] <META HTTP-EQUIV="imagetoolbar" CONTENT="no">[/minicode] to get rid of that annoying IE toolbar on your mouseover
    JR

Member #
    Funny, before reading this post I noticed that problem and did just that. It also helps prevent people stealing my graphics to a small extent.

Thanks for the input, I've also changed the margin

Member #
    It seems too spaced out. There is a big white space around what the pack offers. Condense it a little, and it would look fine.

Remove Ads