Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: GeoffMyers.net

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This is my personal website, which consists of my blog, photos, videos, audio, desktop wallpaper, and a few other things. I'd like to concentrate on the top of the page. I think there are way too many horizontal bars going on. Also, the header/title doesn't seem balanced (should there be something on the right side?). Overall feedback would be great too.

Thanks a lot for your constructive criticism. I appreciate it very much.

Member #
    You're right, the horizontal bars hinder visual flow down the page. The blue bar running on top of the logo rather than beneath it seems odd.

You have to tie the site together vertically.

Member #
    Nice color scheme and the layout is pretty good, although it is too wide in my opinion. At 900px, anyone running at 800x600 resolution (which is probably more people than you'd think) will get horizontal scroll, which is a big no-no in web design. I usually try to keep all my designs at or under 700 to 750px from edge to edge.

Also I'm not really a big fan of that "snap shots" widget, seems kind of obtrusive and not really that useful to me.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletz
    I usually try to keep all my designs at or under 700 to 750px from edge to edge.
    I've found you can go 800 without too much of a problem if the css is tight and the borders shrink correctly.....

Remove Ads