Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys, please check out this site i did for Derevko wetsuits in South Africa, also please keep in mind that its my first ever website, and about 3 weeks before i designed it, i knew absolutely nothing about web design or flash. Thanks...

Member #
    First there's a splash screen -- annoying but avoidable. Then we get to ....another splash screen, this time with the category of wet suit ...men's, ladies.

Lose one. My suggestion is get rid of the "Hello World" splash screen that has nothing to do with anything except saying "Look at me, I'm a designer." Users don't want to have several clicks between them and their goals, not matter how image conscious the client is.

Clicking on "men's wetsuit's" gives the user yet another speed bump with the Alpha Series 3.2 vs 4.3 mm nonsense. Essentially this interface is saying, you can shop here ....but you really have to want to. Does clicking then take you to sixty-four Men's 4.33 mm wetsuits?

No, there is one (language censored) model.

You could have eliminated several clicks by putting the entire line on the top page.

The site gives the impression of a high school term paper which should be twelve pages long. Instead, one half page of material is stretched to fill the requirement. The grade for the site should be the same as the term paper.

The roll over beneath the suit was also a little unintuitive. Yeah, mesh rubber chest and back panel ...so what? Nice idea, which fails utterly to explain the value proposition behind the feature. Customers buy the benefit behind the feature, like that the mesh creates a warm layer of air around your body allowing you to swim longer more comfortably. Which brings me to the other point -- which must be somebody hates text.

Unfortunately search engines don't.

Member #
    Thanks for your comments/suggestions, i understand what you are saying, but please understand, i'm a web design virgin, i had 2 1/2 weeks to learn dreamweaver, flash, and web design in general.
    I will most definately make use of your suggestions, and i must admit i never liked the "wetsuits showcase" anyway. And the main page splash screen - No choice there i'm afraid (Bosses suck)
    Thanks again. Any more help would be greatly appreciated...

Remove Ads