Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.4 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.2 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.8 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.8 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This is my home page feturing my web design - 3D - 2D - and effects work on it.. I never really get to hear what other designers or coders think of my work so I am interested in hearing your responses.

Thanks!

www.digitalmack.com

Member #
    I really like the layout. The colors go nicely together and I like the lightbox popups. A few things I noticed, however:
    1. I don't know if it's a good idea to have an intro page, with regards to SEO.
    2. Typo: slected works should be selected works.
    3. In your web pages portfolio section, I think it would be a good idea to include snapshots of websites with more realistic content. All your content is obviously phony and I think it distracts from your wonderful talent.
    4. I think your popup images are too big. They fill up the entire page and this makes the "close" button hard to find.
    Christina Van Dyke

CRV Designs
    Apex, NC
    www.crv-designs.com

Member #
    Hi Christina,

Thanks for the feed back and the kind words!

You know you look at the computer for so long it all tends to go blurry and a typo like that looks right as rain. LOL...
    I also agree about the popups... I have a good size screen and tend to froget that others dont some times...
    hmmm... splash page bad for SEO... this makes sense as well. I will look in to changing that!

Cheers and let me know if I can retunr the favor some day.

TM.

Member #
    No problem
    Christina Van Dyke

CRV Designs
    Apex, NC
    www.crv-designs.com

Member #
    the black background seems to me not that sharp to show off the orange color. I wonder how it would look like if it were... blacker?

Member #
    Personally, I like the almost black color. I think straight up black might be too harsh, but it won't hurt to test it out. You never know.
    Christina Van Dyke

CRV Designs
    Apex, NC
    www.crv-designs.com

Member #
    Thanks for the feed back Blue_francis14!

I did give the black background thought while designing this page - and true the orange would pop nice on it - however black is a very powerful color - its sorta all absorbing you know? Also black does not really have a warmth to it - unlike lets say warm or cool grays do. SO - On this page I was shooting for a harmonious color space that felt clean and inviting with a little "web 2.0" feeling thrown in for good measure. Hence the warm orangery background and not a harsh void of black. But hey don't get me wrong black is still a pretty kick *** color - but just like cheese cake too much of it can weigh you down.

- thanks again.
    TM

Member #
    I think its very nice, good design, loads fast, clear and concise navigation and on the most part everything is very readable.

The only problem I see is that your intro box doesn't align with the link to your blog. Furthermore I find the text slightly less readable on the intro background as I do on the grey background.

Member #
    Really nice site, great color scheme and is very well laid out too. Only two little nitpicks,

- the "Welcome to DigitalMack .com" header line, to me the space between 'DigitalMack' and '.com' looks kinda awkward.

- For the navigation menu, the dividers between your links are pure white while the links themselves are a light gray, making the dividers stand out more. In my opinion that should be flip-flopped so its the links that catch your eye.

Aside from that though, great job on it, and you have some really nice content too.

Member #
    Layout is okay. Parts of it are difficult to read, and the font is larger than I generally prefer, but then again, that makes it more easy to read :-) However, I must say I'm not such a fan of large headers when their purpose is merely decorative. That's my taste.

But, what's going on with the code? It looks like a hybrid of Dreamweaver + competency.

[minicode]<div id="mainContent">[/minicode] appears at least twice.

Every a has a [minicode]title[/minicode] that spans several lines though it's never shown on the page and coded in html. Not to mention superfluous!

I really dislike rounded corners, and here's the biggest reason why: code bloating.
    HTML Code:
    	    <div class="roundedcornr_box_476069"><div class="roundedcornr_top_476069"><div></div></div><div class="roundedcornr_content_476069">
    That's one line of code! And, there's another one for the bottom of the curve!
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads