Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

New school website - what do u think?

Hi Guys

I am new to web design, but have been teaching myself, and have put together a website for a school. Please let me know what you think, and also what you reckon I could improve upon, or any other ideas. Thanks a lot!!

http://www.wpps.wcape.school.za/testsite/wpps/index.htm

Member #
    It loads very slow. But it's a nice website for your first? time You did it very good. Only, in de header, on both sides (left and right ) you faded also into the background, remove that, cuz that doesn't look good (my opinion). Exept of that your first? layout looks very nice! My compliments

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I disagree with the fade comment. Personally, I think it works since all of the other pictures tend to fade into and out of each other. At least then it's consistent. I do agree that it's a bit of a slow load. Maybe you could optimize the file sizes of your graphics a bit more?

The only thing I'd remove is the kid smiling with his front teeth missing on the Admissions page. It gives off an image of "yeah, I got into a fight two days ago and some other kid sent my Chiclets flying but I'm okay now". Other than that, it's very clean. I like it!
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I don't mean that he must remove all the fades. Now the images who faded togheter are good, only on the left and right side 2 pictures fade into the white background, my opinion is he should remove that.

Member #
    Thats great, as truSt said, it loads a little slow..But yeah its very good - not much room for improvment

Member #
    I'd have to put my vote down for getting rid of the fade on each end of the banner. You can still see the hard edge, it just looks a little worn. Other than that, no new comments, just an agreement that the site took a while to load like everyone else

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Looks good from here

Member #
    Nice for the first site! As said upon, the site is loaded very slow. goodwork. but the only thing is the fade st the both site of the banner, it looks ugly.
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

http://iphong.com
    http://adstudio1.com

Member #
    I will get rid of the fade ASAP - thanks for the advise everyone!

Member #
    I would use higher quality images for the banner. Other than that, it looks great.

Remove Ads