Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Ok, so this website is for a Cosmetic Dentist that won the "Best Dental Practice in the USA" award at the 2007 Annual American Dental Association (ADA) in September, so I'm trying to make the best dental website I can to reflect their "best" status in dentistry. Please let me know how this can be improved. Thanks in advance.

Member #
    I don't like the italics 'Call Toll Free..." thingy on the top. Put it in the Flash, and don't make it italics. Overall it's very nice, but the text - style, size, case, i don't know - seems a little uncomfortable. But otherwise it's an awesome site.
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    My thoughts are as follows:

1. Overall very nice design.

2. The content layout is beautifully done.

3. The design is a little too "textured" for my taste. I'm not sure if it's the thick border, the strong drop shadow, or the textured bg, but websites that try to look like a "real" object without going over the top with 3d kind of bug me.

4. As said above, you could find a better treatment for the italic numbers at the top.

5. The FLV videos are cool at first, but get old fast, and the Drs' narration is poor... it almost seems after a few sections like Reber has a speech impediment, and the other is even worse. It was a poor decision to have them talk so much. They may be a great dentists, but they're not orators - they seem nervous and unwelcoming in the whole production. It would turn me off if I were a potential patient.

6. Why do section subpages just have the looping vid in the BG?

7. With all the video and flash interaction, don't you think the site should be 100% flash?

Again, nice work... just nitpicking at details.

Member #
    I would have done a 100% flash, but I needed it to be seo. Thank you so much for your help. I agree with you about the dentists talking. dr reber does an ok job, but the other isn't as inviting. To do this I set up a teleprompter and dr reber hadn't even read the script before, it took one or two takes to get it right. I'll probably end up having them re-do a few of them or something.

Member #
    Awesome job man, that is some great design work. The layout, color scheme and placement of content really come together to give an inviting feeling to the site. An nice touch with the flash elements, I personally can't stand 100% flash-based sites, because of seo and accesiblity among other things, but some well placed flash can really help spice up a site. Again, great work.

Remove Ads