Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

How well is my website geared for success

Member #
    http://www.unixcommerce.com/images/side_left.jpg broken in Firefox.

http://www.unixcommerce.com/images/txt_1_1.jpg broken in Firefox.

Ironic.

Other assorted 404 errors on other links. I pretty much gave up clicking things shortly thereafter.

The site, using open source as a theme, suffers from the obvious magical thinking surrounding open source (outside the open source community ...meaning customers).

Open Source does not automagically mean cheap. Cheap is not the primary reason, nor is it the only reason for open source.

I'd suggest strongly to 1) Use case histories detailing real customer problems and demonstrating the superiority of open source. 2) Compare open source to closed source, for example if you're doing cost comparison use cost comparisons.

Otherwise the term open source is being used pretty much like most Flash animation: a pointless gimmick.

The site uses the promising theme of open source as a shallow contrivance. Claims for low cost are made without proof, ruining a promising business proposition. Open source is in no way, shape or form a unique selling proposition. Open source is widely used now, and cost of websites in most cases is not much of a factor as any website on most platform is cheap.

You haven't outlined your unique grasp of the challenges of using open source, or any specific skills in using it as a unique business differentiator. Business success is about developing comparative advantage -- and this site doesn't.

Finally, stuff like "the power of cPanel" is meaningless. cPanels are ubiquitous and not at all user centered. Had you designed a cPanel worth mentioning, with custom business analytics and whatnot, you would have something worth mentioning. Not until.

As far as success is concerned, the site is in reverse "gear." First hire a marketer. Then hire a copywriter. Then finish the website.

Member #
    I think the website looks nice. I don't have Firefox, so I don't really know about the broken pics. I didn't get 404 errors either.
    I'm not sure about the 'geared for success' part. The content definitely needs improvement.
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Remove Ads