Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,
    Although this is an early version and still needs work, can you guys offer some feedback on the color scheme? This is a paid template that the client wanted, so we're not looking at changing the flash per se, but I'm having issues with deciding on a background. We tried having a white background for the whole page, but that didn't jive well with the transparent flash cards. So for now, we are using the black/white background separation. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Gbizz

Member #
    The Flash loads far too slowly. For ppl who use dialup, please make a graphical/text-only layout.
    Overall, when it loaded, it looked very nice. Color scheme is great, and the background can be white, like it is now. I think it looks great now. Elegance and simplicity make a good site.
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    Thanks for the feedback. The load time is to due the big mp3 file that we put up for the site. I need to try to reduce that and loop it.
    I'm just not sure if I'm 100% comfortable with the differing backgrounds (ie., white header and black body). Anyone else have some thoughts on this?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by galbibizz
    The load time is to due the big mp3 file that we put up for the site.
    Why don't you stream the mp3 down using .flv? Would cut down the size of the original movie.

Edit - Blimey - it is unacceptably slow I'm afraid. On my 2.5 - 3 mb connection here I'm waiting about 45 seconds to a minute. That just wouldn't be accessable on dial up.
    If you want to see what I mean, in flash prefiew your film with ctrl-enter, then bring up "simulate download" and choose 56k under the settings - see how long it takes.

Member #
    We're going to work on a solution regarding the long load. But any thoughts about the background color issues that I have?

Member #
    I can't see anything wrong with the background color. What are you shooting for here?
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Remove Ads