Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Though i am not the designer, more the research and developer, but i would rather say that im quite pleased with the results of our new designer which we picked up about 2 weeks ago.

This has been released about a week ago going through some bugs and such just wanted to get some feedback, we have fixed the site on my laptop a 17' widescreen display (1440X900rez) and my coleagues desktop 19' (1024X768rez) and our designers screen 22' widescreen ( 1680X1050rez) . We have been trying different browsers (firefox, opera, IE ) but we cannot determine if everything will work fine on different resolutions and browsers, but yea i dont expect much since im a newbie to these forums, but just loking for some beta feedback to see if everythign works well on the viewers side.

Check it out www.xsessivedesigns.com
    also we have a portfolio of all our sites on that we have done (well only the good ones anyways ) still more to add if you guys are interested .
    thanks for your time hopefully i can more tips and tricks for new ideas from you guys.

Member #
    I'll start by saying I'm not a fan of all-Flash sites. So if you must take my comments with a grain of salt, you've been warned :-)

That being said, my first impression is, "Excessive is right." I don't like splash pages because it takes too long to get to the content, and this is the primary problem of Flash sites. I'm too impatient

Once the splash finally finishes, the layout for the home page is unique and it works. I like the colors, I love the alignment. The only thing that bothers me a little is the rollover size change + fuzziness, but it only bothers me a little, not a lot.

I like how clicking on about or services utilizes the existing content of the layout and the layout transition is very smooth.

BUT, let's talk about the work page real quick...
    - It's completely disjointed from the rest of the layout.
    - The scrollbars don't have arrows which makes it a nontraditional scrollbar and I had to teach myself to use it. Now, I am an intelligent person, but I should not have to figure out how to use a scrollbar, and there's always a chance that whoever visits your site won't figure it out. Easy solution: add arrows so it works like other scrollbars.
    - It bounces around when I first get to the page.
    - I'm at the top but it feels like I can go higher. Give it some head room like there is on the bottom.
    - Look into making the scroll work with scrolling mice. People with scrolling mice don't like navigating to scrollbars.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    very good feedback will fix these problems so it will be more enjoyable for the viewer and no i want all the criticism i can get :P were only here to improve our style and work.

thank you very much by the way it is very much appreciated to get this feedback so soon

if you want check out our www.xsessive.com though it has gone through some trouble recently it is still enjoyable to look at by my standards , and yes we are a gaming company through xsessive.

Member #
    Oh yea if you like those types of site let me know ill post alot more !

Member #
    I usually hate flash sites, I find them tedious and annoying. The thing which bugs me the most is all the unnessicary effects which simply delay me looking at the website. This site isn't bad though, I actually like it. Its fast and doesn't have many loading effects.

The only bug I see is when you move from the portfolio page back to the index page you have to sit through the homepage doing its thing again. On any other page you return to the splash page with it already loaded.

Member #
    thank you very much ..pretty much i am gonna take into consideration everything you guys say and then create a list for our team to make the site more functional and enjoyable (and this goes for every other site we will make) .
    I very much appreciate your feedback keep it coming if possible. The more , the better our team gets!

Member #
    To tell you the truth I clicked X before the full page loaded....
    As you can tell I'm not much a fan of flash websites. Why not reduce the flash animations even more for the home page, get the customer through the door before you bring out the big guns!
    Steve

Member #
    hmm for most people it loads almost instantly ..it could be that you are too far from the data center to tell you the truth :S but it is true flash is a pain for loading .. but we didn't add much flash to the site just moving borders and appearing text at the beginning ... but yea maybe a splash page which loads the page before you click on it :O .. :P
    thxs steve

Member #
    You could be right, although I was in my office at the time and I do get more impatient when i'm in there
    I have now looked at home and although it still does take a few moments to load it's not bad for a flash site. The only thing I would say is I like the normal pages but the homepage I just can't get my head around the links being at an angle. I reckon it would look a lot better if you just rotate the whole thing until it is level (saves all the neck strain)

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    it reminds me A LOT of the original Gabocorp, circa 1998 (Yes, almost 10 years old).

http://www.thefwa.com/flash10/gabo.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads