Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Feedback

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I think I am stuck in a green rut... everything I make ends up being green... need some feedback on this or advice on what to do to make it really look great

Member #
    Well, it is too green to my eyes.
    Only thing I can think of to suggest, is to use photographs, images as backgrounds (textures) instead of having a solid green box.
    People also respond better to seeing human faces. This is done to death on almost any site these days... just look at any ad type webpage and you will see a woman with almost runway model looks wearing a headset or a business suit.

Member #
    It looks too simple. You can change the color of text, it doesn't need to be green, make the navigation more stylish, add some gradients in the backgrounds.

Member #
    Great feedback!!! I am going to make some changes!

Member #
    Also, you have too many different greens... both yellow + blue. Try keeping your greens within the same hue range.

Definitely change the font color to a black or black-ish.

Page background texture, or at least a different color background would be good too.

And unrelated... I really like the animation in the logo. It's clever and subtle. Bravo!
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    I made a few changes here and there ... I think I might just pick up a template for this job

Member #
    Okay, I opted to go with a template! Take a peek now please :

http://www.oasislocations.com/flash/index.html

Member #
    Well, I can't really comment on a template. The OASIS logo on the frontpage is barely visible. The resolution which this page requires is unacceptable. I doubt it'll be without horizontal scrollbars when viewed on a 1024x864 (?) or the other low one (800x600?).

It's not bad as it is.
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    Why don't you apply the colors in the template to what you had going before?

I don't really care for Flash sites, especially when they have sound that can't be turned off. (And if there's a place that will turn off the sound, because clicking "sound ON" did nothing, it should be obvious.)

The logo is pixelated, the rollovers are spastic, the vendor links don't work, the contact form is maligned, and there's at least one typo (it's of the typing-too-fast variety-on the spaces page).
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmundi
    Well, it is too green to my eyes.
    Only thing I can think of to suggest, is to use photographs, images as backgrounds (textures) instead of having a solid green box.
    People also respond better to seeing human faces. This is done to death on almost any site these days... just look at any ad type webpage and you will see a woman with almost runway model looks wearing a headset or a business suit.
    I have to slightly disagree with one point there, whilst I agree that pictures of people are in large a good thing, pictures of people who are clearly not connected to your business and quite frankly never will be doesn't sit well with a lot of people (myself included). If the website is a big multi-national company then yes well suited, but for small businesses such as plumbers for example the headsetted equipped people do seem OTT and in most cases just seem too inpersonnal and NOT fitting to the website or business/company image.
    On a personnal level when I see the usual women with headset pictures on small business sites it actually does put me off contacting the business. Afterall I was looking for a small, friendly and local business, not a corparate, faceless and impersonnal business.
    Just my 2 cents
    Steve

Remove Ads