Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I would really like to know what people think of the site design. Any ideas on ways to improve and general feedback. Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    It's kind of BIG. It pretty much completely fills my 1280x screen.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by transio
    It's kind of BIG. It pretty much completely fills my 1280x screen.
    Designed using CSS and tables which automatically resize to size of the screen using %.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bettsg
    Designed using CSS and tables which automatically resize to size of the screen using %.
    transio
    Actually, I am a bit slow. I get what you are saying. Nothing to do with css and table size in %. I have adjusted the size of the table to 90%. I did have it at 95%. The extra background around the side of the page looks much better. Thanks for the feedback. What do you think now? Do you think it is better?

Member #
    The black horizontal bars on either side of the navigation are taller than and a different color than the nav background. Maybe the color change is intentional, but the difference in height doesn't look right. The nav isn't visually consistent throughout the site, but maybe you're still working on that.

The text in the far left column needs some space in the left margin; it's right up again the edge.

I would prefer to see clearer delineation between the columns - it's a bit confusing to me.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Beiji
    The black horizontal bars on either side of the navigation are taller than and a different color than the nav background. Maybe the color change is intentional, but the difference in height doesn't look right. The nav isn't visually consistent throughout the site, but maybe you're still working on that.

The text in the far left column needs some space in the left margin; it's right up again the edge.
    I would prefer to see clearer delineation between the columns - it's a bit confusing to me.
    I have not cross checked it in different browsers or on other screens. On my screen there is padding around the text in the left column. Ido have padding of 5 pixels around the text in the left column. Is this happening in anyone elses computer? On my screen the colours are all black in the nav bar. I will check this out on the css and compare. They may be slightly different shades of black? Again does anyone else see black or different shade of black. Again the size is exactly the same on mine.
    I really appreciate this feedback. I will need to check the tables and css and cross test using other platforms.
    What platform and browser are you using? Sounds like a css or browser problem. Would you agree?
    OK. Just checked bg colour of Nav bar and while on my screen it comes across as black I forgot that originally I made it a shade of green. Have fixed the css now. Still not sure about other problems and would still appreciate more feedback from others in regard to cross browser/ OS compatibility or any other issues.

Member #
    Rather interestingly the navigation doesn't properly align with the border in Firefox. More interesting is the fact that you have different navigation on different pages.

Give the robotics column more width, style the list, also style the link as well.

Member #
    I would say that 80-85% width is better. 90's a little...big.
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    80% does look a lot better than 90%. I did not realise it would make such a difference. Thanks.

Member #
    I have made big changes to the home page. I am still working on the other pages. I am hoping that most/ (hopefully all) of the problems have been fixed. I have changed the width to 80%. Much better. The site was far too big both in width as well as text. I have taken a lot of text out. I have changed the graphics. I have also tried to make it more assessible to sight impaired.
    Next I need to work on the navigation and css on the other pages.
    What do people think. Again be brutally honest. Let me know.
    http://www.bettscomputers.com

Remove Ads