Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I need an objective feedback about this site. It's worthing to take a look ..
    http://www.offthered.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Very interesting design... looks like you're using DHTML for all of your navigation. Kind of makes one wonder why you didn't just go with Flash? You would achieve a smoother and slicker end result, and you wouldn't lose any SEO, because the DHTML you're using pretty much strips all the content anyway.

Anyhow, A+ for effort - you really put a lot into the site. But only a B+ for final result.

If I were a client, I would probably like it, though it certainly falls short of other studios who have invested less effort.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by transio
    Very interesting design... looks like you're using DHTML for all of your navigation. Kind of makes one wonder why you didn't just go with Flash? You would achieve a smoother and slicker end result, and you wouldn't lose any SEO, because the DHTML you're using pretty much strips all the content anyway.

Anyhow, A+ for effort - you really put a lot into the site. But only a B+ for final result.

If I were a client, I would probably like it, though it certainly falls short of other studios who have invested less effort.
    Before everything, thank you for the appreciation.
    The site is maded especially for the dynamic : every element is/will be (it's a beta site and not finished yet) linked directly to the database, and we have a web content system behind where we can administrate all the content from an admin panel, that's the reason why is not flash.

I am really happy for the A+; that's great.

Member #
    Nice work there.... But as usual I'll object to the javascriptness of the site. It's nice and slick, as I'm sure you want to show, but I'll expose some weaknesses.

First, it's impossible for you at the moment to make a link to a direct location on the site. This is a big jerk, because, for example a client comes along, sees the site, thinks this page is good, copy-pastes the URL and emails it. The receiver just gets your homepage and he gets confused. It also means bad SEO.

Second, the accessibility standpoint... I'll be back after this, in a few minutes to say more on that.

The site is maded especially for the dynamic : every element is/will be (it's a beta site and not finished yet) linked directly to the database, and we have a web content system behind where we can administrate all the content from an admin panel, that's the reason why is not flash.
    This isn't an excuse not to make it flash, because flash can also do the same (database retrieval). I highly suggest you to work in flash, because there is no benefit at this point for you to continue working in HTML, since accessibility has dropped to a point where flash would just do the same.

Still, great work.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    My only suggestion is that you get someone to edit your copy. The first couple paragraphs of the About section are fine, but toward the end there are several misspellings and grammatical errors.

Member #
    Feedback

I like the design, and the animation and interactivity of the pages.

The thing that your entire sitemap is a single link, what Steax mentioned,
    is not that bad.
    Our web site is entirely made in flash and we have the same problem.
    The thing is that is bad for SEO, but I think that SEM is more important that SEO.

Minus - when I go to a link in the right of the page , the "text" of the link goes left and I kind of think that I have to follow the text in order to click it. I then realized I can click it anyway.
    It loads over average – I think is good for a “slide show” website
    Cratima helps you build your company website.
    Visit us: www.cratima.com
    International Web Design

Member #
    I think the whole sliding menu is an "I did it just because I could" feature. It has no real usability function in it, and it causes confusion. Many people exploring your site will go to the first menu item and move horizontally (usually trying to get a tooltip or some mention about where the link points), but the change in size puts people off. I'd suggest just to remove it.

The single-link problem is solvable, by supplying anchor links in the URL (like www.site.tld/#portfolio), and it works well.

Here's the main thing about your site: lack of integrity, in my opinion.

I don't understand your header, which looks like bunches of separate images.

I don't get your homepage, which should do 3 things: Tell me what you are, what I can get from you, and whats new. I get none of these. The only thing telling me who you are is "design and visualization" in your title text.

I have to say the resizing menus are drawing attention away from the link itself, by expanding away from it, or else moving the link text away from the cursor.

The bouncing isn't so helpful, and again its just eye-candy, and a long and perhaps unnecessary one at that. Its impressive the first few times, but then you just wish the page loads right there. Some pages are disorienting, such as - wait, what page is this? Oh, the portfolio. It swings all around up and down, and I get the feeling of being lost when it stops.

And just like what I proved above - I have no idea where I am from your site, aside from memory. And with the menu shuffling around, my memory isn't helpful either - people often remember something by the location of the controls. "I just clicked on the second or third link, on the upper left - wait, where'd it go now?"

Some things aren't obvious. Even the moment I land on your site, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. It took me a while to get that your intro was done and I was supposed to start in your menus.

And as a whole, there's nothing that really relates me to your site, aside from the confusion of the interface. No clear logo, character, style, or anything to remind me of you. And with pieces of the page flying all around my screen, your site as a whole leaves little for me to remember.

There's your objective criticism.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    I must trully thank everyone for your comments, i will take in consideration your thaughts.
    I didn't know that is so usefull to get some external feedback about your work; it's a very imortant think to learn about your mistakes....

Remove Ads