Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

With my former project Devlounge now out of my possession, I have started a new project that I am using for my senior project for high school. It is called Webunload, and it is an internet marketplace for established/unestablished websites, forums, templates, and domains. I hope it can become helpful to some of you. Please have a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.webunload.com

If you have any display problems (works fine in FF 2 on windows xp and IE7 on windows, but I personally haven't tested in other browsers) or you have any other suggestions / comments / concerns, please email me directly at hi@astereostudio.com so I can address them ASAP.

Thanks again!
    Regards,
    AJ

Member #
    The site looks to be at that point where casual look-see reviews won't tell you much.

As your paypal redirect post on the front page as much points out -- you need a dedicated user test done with proper interaction design methodology.

Since that's not going to happen, try an alternative. If you want reviews, set up a dummy account. In your request for review, don't just post what looks like a blatant plug, using the review as a transparent gambit to get people to sign up.

Outline a persona and set up the dummy account as that persona would set it up. If there are certain options which support the objectives for that persona, set the options to be consistent with those objectives. If there are two personas, in this case buyer and seller, allow reviewers to login as either. And set up everything necessary, including a website template for the two personas to transact.

This way, reviewers can work through a web app like a user would and provide in-depth feedback beyond "looks good."

It's getting a little far on in the game to coast yet another of these sites on the novelty value and expect people to sign up. And just like the "review my absolutely ordinary forum template I just added a logo to" thing, drop the idea that if people would just try it they'd sign up. Start thinking through having a reason for the Web 2.0 glitz effects. Begin to think about a target user.

Remove Ads